Admins are able to increase a user's post count. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+11
Bling
Dreamlimix
Master Marc
Blofeld
Moldienut
jacobred
Karenn
dragoncrusher
Tarogasini
Nazar
ZX
15 posters

Admins are able to increase a user's post count.

Poll

Would This be a Good Idea

[ 10 ]
    Admins are able to increase a user's post count. Bar_left43%Admins are able to increase a user's post count. Bar_right [43%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Admins are able to increase a user's post count. Bar_left57%Admins are able to increase a user's post count. Bar_right [57%] 

Total Votes: 23
    Poll closed
    ZX
    ZX
    Forumember

Male Posts : 210
    Language : English, Japanese, Italian

Admins are able to increase a user's post count. Empty Admins are able to increase a user's post count.

Post by ZX 18/3/2009, 15:23

READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU VOTE!:
    I got this idea based off this thought that I made.
    If you were moving the community from one forum to another, and some user's had quite a few posts, wouldnt it be nice to make them happy and set there post counts to what they were on the older forum.
    I Think it would be a great idea.
    Nazar
    Nazar
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
    Language : Nazorian

Admins are able to increase a user's post count. Empty Re: Admins are able to increase a user's post count.

Post by Nazar 18/3/2009, 15:24

I don't think it would be a good idea, it's like giving free posts to another member :/
    ZX
    ZX
    Forumember

Admins are able to increase a user's post count. Empty Re: Admins are able to increase a user's post count.

Post by ZX 18/3/2009, 15:28

Nazar wrote:I don't think it would be a good idea, it's like giving free posts to another member :/

ya, but what if a person had say... 4500 posts, and the person was going to move to a new forum owned by the same people.
    Wouldnt it be nice if that person could get their posts back
    Tarogasini
    Tarogasini
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
    Language : English

Post by Tarogasini 18/3/2009, 15:35

He wouldnt get his posts back, he would just get his post count back. But i dont think how would that even work. Having 4500 posts at post count while in reality not a single posted post ( funny sentence )... Is this even possible, lol ?
    dragoncrusher
    dragoncrusher
    Forumember

Male Posts : 26
    Language : japanese

Post by dragoncrusher 13/4/2009, 08:26

i have to agree with that... changing post count and having no recent post, would give suspicion and unfairness >_>
    wow old post O.O
    Karenn
    Karenn
    Forumember

Female Posts : 279

Post by Karenn 13/4/2009, 10:38

Why would you move your forum, I didn't think you could? scratch scratch
    jacobred
    Forumember

Post by jacobred 14/4/2009, 05:02

No Mad

Last edited by Nessa on 14/4/2009, 05:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit To Remove Bold & Colored Tags)
    Moldienut
    Forumember

Post by Moldienut 14/4/2009, 15:38

I think it is a good idea if the forum is moving to another host. Voted yes.
    Blofeld
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1088
    Language : ............

Post by Blofeld 14/4/2009, 16:13

SOS NO. dwarf
    Master Marc
    Master Marc
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
    Language : English and Spanish.

Post by Master Marc 14/4/2009, 16:16

Hello ZX,
    This can be used on vBulletin forums,didn't you get this idea from reading over there?

blackeye

I'll vote yes,because it would be very useful for a moving forum.But why would you move?
    Dreamlimix
    Dreamlimix
    Forumember

Male Posts : 761
    Language : Cheese

Post by Dreamlimix 14/4/2009, 16:31

i don't think this is nice idea, i voted no!
    Bling
    Bling
    Forumember

Male Posts : 416

Post by Bling 14/4/2009, 16:34

No because it will not then be posts.
    it will be fake posts.
    u can rather give them points..
    ZX
    ZX
    Forumember

Post by ZX 15/4/2009, 00:26

Master Marc wrote:Hello ZX,
    This can be used on vBulletin forums,didn't you get this idea from reading over there?

blackeye

I'll vote yes,because it would be very useful for a moving forum.But why would you move?

what if your forum was hacked and you needed to get people over to a new forum?
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Post by Darren1 15/4/2009, 00:38

What if this idea had been previously rejected??

Previous rejection = NO!
    RoScore
    RoScore

Post by RoScore 15/4/2009, 11:58

Not a chance.
    Veljko
    Veljko
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1270
    Language : Serbian, English, CSS, HTML, a bit of latin and german...

Post by Veljko 15/4/2009, 12:00

Really really big no
    Bling
    Bling
    Forumember

Male Posts : 416

Post by Bling 15/4/2009, 12:15

ZX wrote:
    Master Marc wrote:Hello ZX,

blackeye

what if your forum was hacked and you needed to get people over to a new forum?
    Suppose......One user has posted....1000 posts..if the forum is hacked...and when its again back....having losts all the posts....and if u increase his posts....to 1000.....and the total board posts are 500, then? Laughing bwi loul
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Post by Jophy 9/4/2013, 02:19

Admins are able to increase a user's post count. Permis10 Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
    -> Implemented suggestions
    -> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
    -> Suggestions which are already possible
    -> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
    => Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
    https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Admins are able to increase a user's post count. Modera10Jophy