Is it possible to hide the online information from the Guests? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+2
Sanket
purefan88
6 posters

Is it possible to hide the online information from the Guests?

purefan88
    Forumember

Language : English

Is it possible to hide the online information from the Guests? Empty Is it possible to hide the online information from the Guests?

Post by purefan88 April 3rd 2009, 1:59 am

who's online & statistics, is it possible to hide them from the guests?
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Is it possible to hide the online information from the Guests? Empty Re: Is it possible to hide the online information from the Guests?

Post by Sanket April 3rd 2009, 4:04 pm

AP>Misc>Forum Statistics

Who is allowed to view the statistics online ?: Make it registered users.
    quasim

Is it possible to hide the online information from the Guests? Empty Re: Is it possible to hide the online information from the Guests?

Post by quasim April 3rd 2009, 6:07 pm

This doesn't seem to work.

We are talking about the "Who is online" box in the forum, not detailed Statistics.

It's not good that Guests can see who is member and who is online.
    Carryn
    Active Poster

Female Posts : 1399
    Language : none.

Post by Carryn April 3rd 2009, 6:13 pm

quasim wrote:This doesn't seem to work.

We are talking about the "Who is online" box in the forum, not detailed Statistics.

It's not good that Guests can see who is member and who is online.
    Display>structure and hierarchy.
    the choices for view online info box.
    Never /On root index only/ Always

there isn't an option to turn it off for only for guests
    if you have forum widget for who's online you can turn that permissions for members only and select the who's online info box to never

just an idea...
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket April 3rd 2009, 9:03 pm

Okay, you had asked for statistics as well in the first post. So i suggested doing that.

Also for the who is online box,
    Misc>Forum statistics
    Display the GoogleMap in "Who is Online ?" : No
    But, this make it not viewable for anyone. There is no way to turn it off for just guests.
    quasim

Post by quasim April 4th 2009, 6:36 am

Guests have no business in seeing the names etc of people online.

How to change the code in a way to hide parts of it from guests? I don't know much about this forum stuff yet, but I'm an experienced webdesigner/developer. Please point me in the right direction.
    trampoulos

Language : Greek - English

Post by trampoulos March 15th 2010, 11:41 pm

I need the same think for my forum too...
    Someone at another post, for the same thing, proposed an HTML code and then the post closed but even that code doesn't work the way we want it to work.
    At my forum I want only the guests not to know who is on line as well as other info about the members. ex. birthday etc.
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Post by MrMario March 16th 2010, 12:40 am

Sanket wrote:Okay, you had asked for statistics as well in the first post. So i suggested doing that.

Also for the who is online box,
    Misc>Forum statistics
    Display the GoogleMap in "Who is Online ?" : No
    But, this make it not viewable for anyone. There is no way to turn it off for just guests.

As Sanket said there is nothing that can be done. You might be able to do some editing in punbb or phpbb2 in the templates.
    trampoulos

Language : Greek - English

Post by trampoulos March 17th 2010, 5:54 pm

How can we do that?