Who's Online Link Help Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Who's Online Link Help

Lee Tamotsu
    Forumember

Male Posts : 222
    Language : English

Who's Online Link Help Empty Who''s Online Link Help

Post by Lee Tamotsu May 22nd 2009, 3:35 pm

Ok the title is a little vague, I didn't know what to call it, really sorry about that.

I'll explain what I am referring to in the title as to not confuse anyone. In the forums, there's a link on the bottom of the front home page for Who's Online. Within the link it shows who's online, guests and members.

A few of the members asked me if there was a way to make it so they could see what sections of the forum other members are at. There is a RP in our forum and they would like to know when the other RP members are looking in a certain section or posting in a given thread.

I've seen this done in other forums, though they weren't affiliated with Forumotion, I was just wondering if it was possible in the forums current state to do such a thing.

Thanks in advance guys!
    karkooshy
    karkooshy
    Forumember

Male Posts : 327

Who's Online Link Help Empty Re: Who's Online Link Help

Post by karkooshy May 22nd 2009, 3:42 pm

yeah it's already there xD
    if u click on where it says "Who is online" right above the box it should be there... along with a map for locating where your other members are... which is pretty cool Smile
    Lee Tamotsu
    Forumember

Post by Lee Tamotsu May 22nd 2009, 4:01 pm

Oh yeah I thought so, thanks. I told that to the members, however they told me it only states that the user is "Viewing the Forum Index"

I didn't believe them until I tried it. I opened up a few links as guests and one as my actual login. The guest and my login were both on different web browsers, Firefox and IE. I went into a specific section as myself and then checked the online status as a guest, it just said what the other members stated "Viewing the Forum Index"

I was just wondering if there was a way to raise up the alertness of the Who's Online section maybe in the admin panel.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy
    Forumember

Male Posts : 327

Post by karkooshy May 22nd 2009, 4:05 pm

I think it refreshes every 5 mins... xD
    so it'll show u where the user was 5 mins ago only
    Lee Tamotsu
    Forumember

Post by Lee Tamotsu May 22nd 2009, 4:07 pm

Oh that makes sense, well I guess this case is solved. Thanks for the help!