Portal News available to non members Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Portal News available to non members

lasatalayas

Male Posts : 4
    Language : English

Portal News available to non members Empty Portal News available to non members

Post by lasatalayas 24/5/2007, 18:25

My forum is secure in that only mebers can view messages.
    However it appears that anyone can view news in the portal.
    How do i secure the portal please?
    GeoX

Portal News available to non members Empty Re: Portal News available to non members

Post by GeoX 24/5/2007, 18:59

Hello,

i loged in to your forum and i couldn't gain acces to anything unless i do register and i can't open your portal..so it's secured Wink
    lasatalayas

Portal News available to non members Empty Re: Portal News available to non members

Post by lasatalayas 25/5/2007, 19:59

Unfortunately you where not looking at my portal just the normal login.
    I had disabled the portal because of the security problem.
    GeoX

Post by GeoX 25/5/2007, 20:34

Hello again, and what's the problem if guests could see the portal or even your forums index?!...u need to show the guests some of what u have in your forums otherwise it wont be easy for them to subscribe...about me, when i log in to a forum and i find that the "Main Door is locked" i actually dislike that and feel that it might not worth wasting time in registering then find that the contents are not valuable, or maybe u have some other reasons....anyway it's your forum Smile

bye!
    NinjaNt
    NinjaNt

Female Posts : 23

Post by NinjaNt 25/5/2007, 23:28

All the portal does is allow for non-members and members to see what kind of information is on your site. You can change what is displayed there by going :

Option 1
    Module > Portal > Structure

You can go in and just delete the news category.

Option 2
    Module > Portal > Configuration > Module News Options

Change the Board of the News option to something you don't mind guests seeing on your forum. Like an announcement to everyone who views your site.

Option 3

Module > Portal > Configuration > Module News Options

Change the Length of the News option to minimize how much information can be seen by the guest.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Whether or not the Board of the News forum you chose is accessible to guests of your forum, if you have chosen for the category to be disabled from view on the index the guest must register to read more of the topic.

I hope this answered your question.
    lasatalayas

Post by lasatalayas 25/5/2007, 23:31

Yes, that's most helpful.
    Many thanks.