Bug with the new on the portal [CLOSED] Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Bug with the new on the portal [CLOSED]

Pol2

Bug with the new on the portal [CLOSED] Empty Bug with the new on the portal [CLOSED]

Post by Pol2 June 1st 2006, 3:18 am

Euhm... I'd like to know what I've done wrong... I have done all what katt tell and It still don't work...

Look up at my site and tell me if anything is wrong:
    http://sunrise-ls.darkbb.com
    Cornelia
    Cornelia
    Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
    Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

Bug with the new on the portal [CLOSED] Empty Re: Bug with the new on the portal [CLOSED]

Post by Cornelia June 1st 2006, 4:37 am

Hello.

Which forum did you choose to display the news?

The topics MUSTN'T be announcement or stickies, and they MUSTN'T be locked.

[OFF TOPIC]

I saw that you're on Asura server in FFXI! My bro is on this server! If you see a Lv75 Dragoon female Hume named Janika, it's my bro!

[/OFF TOPIC]
    Pol2

Bug with the new on the portal [CLOSED] Empty Re: Bug with the new on the portal [CLOSED]

Post by Pol2 June 1st 2006, 5:31 am

[off topic]

Cool! If he is searching for a BCNM LS (he should know what it is Razz) he can visit us!

[/off topic]

It's the news section that I try to expose on the Portal. There's no sticky and no announcement and there is no news on the portal Sad...
    Cornelia
    Cornelia
    Hyperactive

Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

Post by Cornelia June 1st 2006, 7:12 am

Look in Admin Panel > Portal > Portal Structure, to see if the News block is in the structure.
    Pol2

Post by Pol2 June 1st 2006, 3:04 pm

No... it's not there... I don't even have the news block in the existing modules... Sad, and the news and update block is a custom block that I've done to fill the space
    Wiegraf

Post by Wiegraf June 1st 2006, 3:21 pm

Hi there^^

The "news" module should be in the Admin Panel Arrow Portal Arrow Portal Structure => Adding of existing modules

Bug with the new on the portal [CLOSED] News5bq.th
    Pol2

Post by Pol2 June 1st 2006, 3:40 pm

Yeah, I know that it should be there... but look

Bug with the new on the portal [CLOSED] Sanstitre3gl.th[/img]
    Cornelia
    Cornelia
    Hyperactive

Post by Cornelia June 1st 2006, 8:04 pm

Hmmm... I looked on my test forum and I can't figure out why you don't have this block... Confused

I'm gonna ask larme d'ange about it.
    Pol2

Post by Pol2 June 1st 2006, 9:15 pm

Thanks... and I find it really strange that I got 2 times the search bloc :| ...
    Cornelia
    Cornelia
    Hyperactive

Post by Cornelia June 2nd 2006, 2:41 am

Hello ^^

You said that you have two "search" blocks. Maybe one of them is the news block which have been renamed. So, I ask you to test these two blocks to see if one of them is the News block.

EDIT : I looked on your board again (nice design Wink Larme d'ange is the author) ans I saw : "News" (which has topics) in the "General, Fun & Other" category, and "Administration news" (which has no posts) in the last category. Which one did you choose for the news?
    Pol2

Post by Pol2 June 2nd 2006, 4:14 am

I have choose the news, not the Administration News.

And thank I'll look at it...

EDIT: No... It don't work. I've placed both of the search and they are both search block... it's maybe a bug elsewhere.
    Cornelia
    Cornelia
    Hyperactive

Post by Cornelia June 2nd 2006, 6:25 am

Pol2 wrote:I have choose the news, not the Administration News.

And thank I'll look at it...

EDIT: No... It don't work. I've placed both of the search and they are both search block... it's maybe a bug elsewhere.

OK, then I will split this topic and move the second part in the "Need of an Administrator" section, and I will tell Larme d'ange to leave a message to the technical administrators.
    Pol2

Post by Pol2 June 2nd 2006, 3:00 pm

Ok thank you!
    Cornelia
    Cornelia
    Hyperactive

Post by Cornelia June 6th 2006, 8:00 am

Now, you're not alone to have this bug, other people have the same problem. Just look here : http://forum.forumactif.com/viewtopic.forum?t=87059
    Pol2

Post by Pol2 June 9th 2006, 4:21 am

Oh... ok. That's a major bugs... I hope they can arrange my problem!
    Gautamas
    Gautamas
    Forumember

Male Posts : 143
    Language : french,english,dutch

Post by Gautamas June 20th 2006, 4:16 pm

Hi !

Try to delete entirely your portal (save the code of your own modules before Wink ), and then put it back. The modules should now appear normally ... Let me know if it has worked Smile
    Pol2

Post by Pol2 June 22nd 2006, 4:36 am

I'll let you know soon, because I need to delete our forum. Our project has failed, so the forum is now useless Sad

But, I'll surely make another forum soon.