preventing post count in a forum Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

preventing post count in a forum

elfie
    elfie
    Forumember

Female Posts : 126
    Language : English

preventing post count in a forum Empty preventing post count in a forum

Post by elfie June 15th 2006, 6:58 pm

Is there a way of stopping the post count of members in a specific forum on my site? I have a gmaes forum and people seem to try to get their post count up using only that rather than the rest of the board. Is there a way, if yes, how

thanx
    Cornelia
    Cornelia
    Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
    Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

preventing post count in a forum Empty Re: preventing post count in a forum

Post by Cornelia June 15th 2006, 8:42 pm

Hello.

No, it's not possible to block the post count in only one section. Otherwise, if you have deleted post, manually or by auto-pruning, you can update the members's post count by going in Admin Panel > click on the yellow arrow at the bottom > Misc > Update the number of posts from a user and set his number of private messages to 0

Another thing : Look in your PMs, I sent you a private message at June 4, about your restoration problem in this topic : https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=440

Do you still have this problem?
    elfie
    elfie
    Forumember

Female Posts : 126
    Language : English

preventing post count in a forum Empty Re: preventing post count in a forum

Post by elfie June 18th 2006, 11:07 pm

hmm weird - i didnt recieve a pm, though I redid the forum posts - luckily they were only mine, they were slightly wrong and took a while to redo them but i have now - and now i keep a backup in word document lol

thanks anyway