URGENT HELP REQUIRED Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

URGENT HELP REQUIRED

carpetman

Male Posts : 9

URGENT HELP REQUIRED Empty URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Post by carpetman July 17th 2006, 10:15 pm

PLEASE HELP

I HAVE SPENT 7 HOURS BUILDING MY FORUM & A FURTHER 3 HOURS TRYING TO ENTICE PEOPLE ONTO IT, TO FIND OUT THAT NOT ALL EMAILS ARE BEING ACCEPTED.

THEY ARE GETTING THE MESSAGE "EMAIL INVALID".

IF PEOPLE CAN'T ACCESS THE SITE THEN WHATS THE POINT?

www.bicf.forumotion.com

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE OR SORT IT OUT.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

EDIT DOJETA: No using bold writting all through out a post and please use a more appropriate name for your question as title, thank you for your comprehension
    SeanTrek
    Forumember

Male Posts : 52
    Language : English!

URGENT HELP REQUIRED Empty Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Post by SeanTrek July 17th 2006, 10:23 pm

*sigh*
    First, welcome to editboard
    Second, please don't type in all caps, it's killing me!
    Third, I'll give you the best I can tell you.

I hink not all domains are accepted. I know mine was accepted, so why aren't those accepted. if they're using a domain I don't know about, I suggest MSN Hotmal
    Caihlem
    Caihlem
    Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
    Language : English, French & Female

Post by Caihlem July 17th 2006, 10:53 pm

I also suggest you do a little search, this question has already been posted many times.

aol users seem to encounter this problem quite often, as well as some others, just look a bit.
    Then the typical thing to check: are the e-mails really valid (or correct)? Have they been in existance since more than a few hours?
    carpetman

Male Posts : 9

Post by carpetman July 17th 2006, 11:34 pm

Firstly, who ever edited my original post needs to learn to spell.

Secondly, I wrote in capitals cos I was and still am b...dy mad!

Thirdly, if my forum can't support all email applications, then there is no point whatsoever continuing with this provider as I wish all my users to be able to register and not just a selected few.

I think this board needs to consider its position. A notice on their home page worded "on completion of your forum please be advised we cannot guarantee all prespective users will be able to register using their current emails" should be written.

Umm, and yes I AM STILL ANNOYED!
    Cornelia
    Cornelia
    Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
    Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

Post by Cornelia July 18th 2006, 2:50 am

Hello.

It's not because you're on Internet that this means there's no rules!

On this board, there are rules to read and respect and I ask you to read them : https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=154

The rules aren't here to "piss people off". They are there for keeping the forum in order and to avoid chaos! If we ask people to put titles related to the problem, it is to help other people in their search, because the forum search engine looks for keywords in topic titles. If you use Google or any search engine, do you type "Urgent", "Help", "Questions" or stuff like that?

And about the capitals : For most people, writing entirely in capitals means that the writer yells!

And please, respect the fact that not everyone here are pure English!. There are many foreign people for whom English is not their mother tongue (it's my case, I'm French from Quebec), so please be more tolerant to people's mispelling and grammatical mistakes as long as it's not SMS writing or L337SP34K!

Having this lack of respect against our decision, and being almost aggressive against us doesn't motivate us to help you and is enough to motivate a lock of your topic and a first warning!

If you have questions or grievance about Dojeta's decisions or mine, please use PMs for that.

For your problem, you can open a new topic, but this time, put a title which is related to your problem, and avoid capitals, and then, we will answer with pleasure to your questions. We don't earn a single penny for this work which is 100% volontary

Thanks for your comprehension (I hope se)

Cordially
    Katt