How to differentiate protected topics at Recent Topic Widget? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

How to differentiate protected topics at Recent Topic Widget?

missmoon
    Forumember

Female Posts : 101
    Language : English

How to differentiate protected topics at Recent Topic Widget? Empty How to differentiate protected topics at Recent Topic Widget?

Post by missmoon 30/9/2009, 14:31

Hi,

Need some help here. There are some subforums in my forum that are only open to moderators and helpers only. The problem is not not everyone realised that those topics are hidden until they take a closer look.

Can I change the text attributes such as colours/fonts to different those topics from the protected forums?

If there is a need to edit the template, please let me know which of the template to do so and do give some guidance please.

If it is not possible, I would list it as a suggestion.

Thanks.
    dotDavid
    dotDavid
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

How to differentiate protected topics at Recent Topic Widget? Empty Re: How to differentiate protected topics at Recent Topic Widget?

Post by dotDavid 30/9/2009, 15:46

You can make those forums only visible to certain members via ACP >> General > Cat/Forums > How to differentiate protected topics at Recent Topic Widget? Editer > Permissions > View the forum > Whoever (mod, helper).
    missmoon
    Forumember

Female Posts : 101

How to differentiate protected topics at Recent Topic Widget? Empty Re: How to differentiate protected topics at Recent Topic Widget?

Post by missmoon 2/10/2009, 13:41

i think you misunderstood.

I want to differentiate them from the recent topics such as changing topic font colours. Not control who view them as it is already done.

Basically the those with permission will see them appearing in different colour so that they know that topic on the recent topic is from a protected forum
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket 2/10/2009, 13:42

Nopes, that is not possible. Sorry.