The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Game... how to begin?

+66
dragonintel
andrewmartin9
bberrie
tenXX
tsalim
peterpaching88
nintey
ToTheFuture
JumpingJet
rob0213
KQ
jonnydjtracker
orashadow1
Walshy95
CloverTea
Xiso
100below
havingfun
Toddseahawks
Kelthazar
CloneCaptainNeon
Cman
JulieG
Demonspike
middo2
Mr.Killerguitar
kerry
richard12
shelfi
askurmum999
Mystery
prostalker
GrOOverS
Steve.darkbb.com
Broly Ss10
saumil_b
diastasi1
ce-hub
xsdenied
VNinjaV
Conknet
sadrebel
Dot Com
xemilyx
ashjoven03
Sneshka
Guernsey Donkey
gamecorner
fjep10
Zandranna
shazzaam
Jade Undone
MichaelMaRiO
Dreamhacker
final fantasy
hitesh
asiacitybeat
zedninja
Jimmy574
Isshin
honsing2
ELLA
W3~Lucario
Caihlem
mico1018
Anita
70 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

roleplay - Roleplay Game... how to begin? - Page 4 Empty Roleplay Game... how to begin?

Post by Anita August 12th 2007, 10:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi all!
I want to ask if someone can explain me a little bit more about the option RPG on the forums.
I've never played a RPG before, but I would like to try to play it with my forummembers.
The only thing is, I don't know how to start...
Can someone tell me how it basicly works and how I can activate the option correct?
My forum is about a band, so I would like the RPG to be about that also, would that be possible?
Anita
Forumember

Female Posts : 27
Language : Dutch

http://www.dutchmychemicalromanceforum.tk

Back to top Go down

roleplay - Roleplay Game... how to begin? - Page 4 Empty Re: Roleplay Game... how to begin?

Post by KQ January 30th 2010, 8:01 am

rob0213 wrote:I run an RPG type "forum game" on my site, and I utilize the cahracter sheets and the dice for it. I try to keep it fairly simple and have all the players on one side, while I play the "bad guys" that oppose them. I have found that this works very well for my site, and my members seem to be really enjoying it.

If I can help anyone out, please just drop me a PM, and I can explain more in detail.

RPGs can be tricky, but if done right, can be a lot of fun.

That's actually a pretty awesome way to work it.

So see? There are multiple paths you can take. cheers
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Male Posts : 204
Language : English

Back to top Go down

roleplay - Roleplay Game... how to begin? - Page 4 Empty Re: Roleplay Game... how to begin?

Post by rob0213 January 31st 2010, 1:25 am

Yep, there is a bunch you can do with the RPG module. It depends how much work you'd like to put in, and what kind of game you want to run.

Do what makes your memebers happy, and always listen to feedback. DOne wonders for me.
rob0213
rob0213
Forumember

http://thesector12.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet November 19th 2010, 8:23 pm

Hey, could i please get a copy of this unofficial guide please?
JumpingJet

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture January 12th 2011, 2:59 am

Oh man, I am SO confused. I want to make a wolf RP game where members are ranked based on forum posts (more posts= stronger wolf; I read someone else mention something similar). Members will then be able to attack EACH OTHER (if the person being challenged accepts, maybe). Or maybe, something where they're manually ranked by me.

I also wanted to be able to use full-sized images (about the size of a regular photo) to represent my characters. How would I do that with the character sheet? Is that what the character sheet is for? Can a member only roll the dice in a forum post, instead of as a seperate thing attatched to the site?

How do I work the dice to get them to roll a random number of percentage off? How do I only let the dice be rolled once per post? And they'd have to keep track of health gone themselves, right? In that case, is there any way to change how much the health is out of?

And also, I don't get the health bots thing. But basically, a summary:

1) Can I rank members based on their forum ranks/post count, or at least assign stats to each person manually?
2) Character sheets could be used to show the avatar of the person, and are customized to be different for each person, right?
3) How do I control details to do with dice rolling?
And of course, all the other things I mentioned above too.

Thanks SO MUCH! Very Happy
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down

Post by nintey January 22nd 2011, 12:12 pm

Thanks for the info everyone, gonna try this out!
nintey

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpaching88 February 8th 2011, 6:36 am

can you help me??
i dont know where to view my profile

Content Removed ~ Banned ~ Joph25
peterpaching88

Back to top Go down

Post by tsalim February 15th 2011, 1:32 am

lol icant seem to post a topic rofl.
tsalim

Language : Washington, District of Columbia

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture February 16th 2011, 3:06 am

I was only asking those questions above out of curiousity and fear of messing something up, but then I asked Caihlem and it seemed very simple. I went over to it, enabled it to check it out, and it's actually very easy and simple! Razz Thank you forumotion! Smile
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down

Post by tenXX February 21st 2011, 1:37 pm

I had a RPG forum, it was very good and active, but i haven't god enough time so i delete it :/
Just make rules and advices and RPG'll be successful Smile
Good luck Very Happy
tenXX

Language : English, Serbian

Back to top Go down

Post by bberrie March 17th 2011, 5:31 am

Um I would Like a PM on the TUT as well Please Smile
bberrie
bberrie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by andrewmartin9 March 19th 2011, 6:08 am

I think I on, put on three parameters: life, magic and power. Given to all members of an image, given an image of the dice as well. I do not understand is how to "start" it. How to be really "play" the game? If there is any given material, how players can roll the dice? Can you PM me "unofficial" tutorial as well?
andrewmartin9

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem April 3rd 2011, 9:58 pm

Hello everyone Smile

The unofficial writings by my have been submitted to Kirk. He will probably re-work them a bit and most surely post them if deemed worthy. I shall not be passing it anymore seen as I don't pass here regularly enough and that they'll be soon accessible

Caihlem
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonintel April 3rd 2011, 11:33 pm

Remember your old RPG forum Caihlem?
dragonintel
dragonintel
Forumember

Male Posts : 392

http://bestof.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem April 4th 2011, 9:51 pm

You mean the one that inspired the book (or actually the series of books) I'm currently writing? Yeah I think I do remember tongue
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by dleavell April 5th 2011, 2:30 am

Role playing games about real life are much more difficult to pull off than those of made up scenarios, making an RPG about a real-life band would be particularly difficult, though i think caihlem said is about the only way
dleavell

Language : Boise, Idaho

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonintel April 5th 2011, 5:45 am

Caihlem wrote:You mean the one that inspired the book (or actually the series of books) I'm currently writing? Yeah I think I do remember tongue

Your writing a book? Why have I not heard about this before??!!
dragonintel
dragonintel
Forumember

Male Posts : 392

http://bestof.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dustylfc November 22nd 2011, 5:33 am

Am confused
dustylfc

Back to top Go down

Post by ronjambo February 14th 2012, 5:37 pm

please can you send me the tutorial pm
i would appreciate it
ronjambo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

roleplay - Roleplay Game... how to begin? - Page 4 Empty islam and sports

Post by asheque February 20th 2012, 6:12 am

Hey as a supporter of real Islam i know that there are some games in Islamic side.I am thankful to you all
as you are great friends of sports.
asheque

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4