How to restrict member rights/ How to enter the options menu Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

How to restrict member rights/ How to enter the options menu

One Punch

Language : German, English

How to restrict member rights/ How to enter the options menu Empty How to restrict member rights/ How to enter the options menu

Post by One Punch February 16th 2010, 11:09 pm

Hi there. I recently have the problem that members can delete my topics despite I'm the Admin of the Forum. I'm a newbeginner and the page has been online for a few days now.

I'm Also wondering how I can enter the forums options menu.

If some pros out there know how to help, please comment this post.
    airforce12
    airforce12
    Forumember

Male Posts : 281
    Language : English

How to restrict member rights/ How to enter the options menu Empty Re: How to restrict member rights/ How to enter the options menu

Post by airforce12 February 16th 2010, 11:17 pm

Have u allowed them to moderate the forum???
    Sepceli
    Forumember

Language : English

How to restrict member rights/ How to enter the options menu Empty Re: How to restrict member rights/ How to enter the options menu

Post by Sepceli February 17th 2010, 12:21 am

It is possible that when you set up the forums you gave regular members rights to control certain posts. By this you do not necessarily grant them individual rights, they can just do so because of the rights that particular forum gives them.

In order to check to see what rights you have given in the forum you should go here to check:
    Admin Panel > General (tab up top) > Categories and Forums (tab on the side panel under forums)

> This will allow you to click on your individual forums
    > Then on top of that forum menu there is a tab that says permissions click on that
    > Here you can view what rights you have given to certain level members. In this menu you can use the drop down selections or the section below where you mark off the box. Which ever one works best for you.

To Check Individual Member's Permissions and Ranks
    Otherwise to check your member status you can go to Users and Groups > Then you can click on the member who is deleting the posts and scroll all the way down to the bottom of their info page and see if they are marked as Admin or you can go to their Permissions tab and see if they have moderator marked off.

Last edited by Sepceli on February 17th 2010, 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More Information Added)