Member able to access the Administration Panel? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Member able to access the Administration Panel?

Koopa777

Language : English

Member able to access the Administration Panel? Empty Member able to access the Administration Panel?

Post by Koopa777 April 6th 2010, 1:29 am

One of the members of the forum I am a part of has access to the Administration panel without being Admin. What's worse is he can MAKE himself Admin when i take it away from him! Is there a setting I am missing and what can be done about this?

Last edited by Koopa777 on April 6th 2010, 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Member able to access the Administration Panel? Empty Re: Member able to access the Administration Panel?

Post by MrMario April 6th 2010, 2:09 am

Member able to access the Administration Panel? SignredHi, your title being non explicit and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member) until you change your title for an explicit one, related to your problem

EDIT

There is no possible way a user can get admin rights without being in the admin group. Are you sure that he can? I know that Forumotion has an account that is able to login to any forums without being in the admin group. This is only when techs are looking for bugs/problems with the forums. You should not worry about this if its Forumotion.
    pbolle

Member able to access the Administration Panel? Empty Re: Member able to access the Administration Panel?

Post by pbolle April 6th 2010, 2:23 am

Having the same problem..
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario April 6th 2010, 2:25 am

There is no possible way a user can get admin rights without being in the admin group. Are you sure that he can? I know that Forumotion has an account that is able to login to any forums without being in the admin group. This is only when techs are looking for bugs/problems with the forums. You should not worry about this if its Forumotion.

This is what I posted above in my last post.
    Koopa777

Post by Koopa777 April 6th 2010, 2:26 am

Yeah. He has been removed from admin rights and has been DELETED, but upon creating a new account can access the admin panel and become admin without even being a member of the group.
    pbolle

Post by pbolle April 6th 2010, 2:29 am

I have also checked my users rights and permissions and he has all the permissions of normal members.
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario April 6th 2010, 2:31 am

Could be that there is a hole somewhere that gives this user access. I will forward to this to someone that can pass this information to the techs at Forumotion. If its possible please provide me a link to the forum and the account name that this user had.
    Koopa777

Post by Koopa777 April 6th 2010, 2:42 am

http://bad-rumour.darkbb.com/forum.htm

User name: bloodstruckdrum
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16217
    Language : French, English

Post by Shadow April 6th 2010, 10:10 am

Your administrator "Scapolly" and that guy have the same IP.
    pbolle

Post by pbolle April 6th 2010, 10:12 pm

yeah, im from the same forum, im the "creator" of the forum..

seriously?
    that is crazy..
    one lives in california, the other in conneticut..
    i've heard them both over ps3..
    on different accounts..
    this is confusing..