The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency

4 posters

Go down

Whitch features do you think would be cool to have in a forum?

ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Left1122%ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Right11 22% 
[ 4 ]
ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Left1117%ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Right11 17% 
[ 3 ]
ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Left1117%ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Right11 17% 
[ 3 ]
ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Left116%ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Right11 6% 
[ 1 ]
ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Left110%ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]
ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Left116%ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Right11 6% 
[ 1 ]
ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Left110%ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]
ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Left1132%ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Right11 32% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Empty My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency

Post by DNC April 6th 2010, 5:40 pm

Here are a few ideas I had. One of them is based on another (a link is provided). I would like to know what other forum-creators think of these ideas and whether or not they should be included as add-ables in the admin control-panel.

1) Wiki's:

I would love to be able to add a Wiki to my forum. Not just a link to one, but an actual tab in the forum (like "Calender" or "Memberlist"). It should be easy-to-edit, like real Wiki's and the administrators should be able to edit the "edit-permission" of the Wiki, just as permissions can be edited for forum categories.

In edition to gaining forum points by posting topics/replies, you should then be able to (also customizable in the admin-panel) gain points through editing Wiki-pages.

2) Pets:

As seen in >this< thread, user "pets" should be add-able as a profile option.

Unlike the thread, it should be alot easier and the forum points-to-stats exchange should be automated, instead of a moderator/administrator having to do it manually.

Your pet would act kinda like a Tamagoji (probably spelled it wrong). If you don't feed it (perhaps food could be bought through forum points) it'll die and if you don't give it attention it may "run away". This would, of course, be customizable in the admin control-panel.

You would be able to have pet-to-pet battles in a top-thumbs-like fashion, where the pet with the highest stats (also customizable in the admin control-panel) would win and possibly gain certain stat points (eg. strength) while the looser would loose certain stat points (eg. hit points).

3) Points as Currency:

In the above ideas I mentioned how forum points could be influenced by what you do. The final idea I have is kinda like using these points as currency.

There's an option in the admin control-panel that says "Character Sheet". I don't fully understand how that would work in a forum (I am familiar to forum RP's), so if someone could explain it to me, I'd really appreciate it.

Anyway, it got me thinking. Perhaps there could be a part of your forum similar to and RPG, where you would be able to buy/sell items aswell as battle (with pets, even!) other players and such.

But perhaps forum points could be used for more than that. Perhaps an option could be included in the admin control-panel that allows you to edit the "economy" of your forum. For example: You could have the users start out with limited smileys and they'll gradually be able to "buy" more (possibly per smiley tab) using their forum points. Maybe they could use the points to buy "powerups ups" and such for their pets, even! Maybe points could even be used to "buy" access to download-able content such as images from the gallery, music or video clips.

There can be many possibilities when it comes to using points as currency.

So, those are my ideas. Please give feedback! I'd especially like to see what moderators/administrators think of this.
DNC
DNC

Male Posts : 19
Language : English

http://dnconline.0forum.biz

Back to top Go down

ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Empty Re: My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency

Post by HayleyElDiablo April 6th 2010, 5:54 pm

I like the wiki Idea, I have actually seen it on other sites. They were very complicated but still a good idea.

I Vote for 1!
HayleyElDiablo
HayleyElDiablo
Forumember

Female Posts : 47

Back to top Go down

ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Empty Re: My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency

Post by DNC April 6th 2010, 6:42 pm

What about the others? Crying or Very sad

Lol. Laughing Yeah. There's a reason I put the Wiki one first. Wink
DNC
DNC

Back to top Go down

Post by HayleyElDiablo April 6th 2010, 7:22 pm

They could be something good for other users, but for me only the wiki would really be useful. Good thinking tho!

Hayley
HayleyElDiablo
HayleyElDiablo
Forumember

Female Posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by DNC April 6th 2010, 8:27 pm

HayleyElDiablo wrote:They could be something good for other users, but for me only the wiki would really be useful. Good thinking tho!

Hayley
That's generally my thinking aswell! ^^

I made up the other two ideas as ways of making forums a funner place. I genuinely need the Wiki one, though.
DNC
DNC

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic October 9th 2012, 11:56 pm

Wikis need to happen, I really, /really/, cannot stress that. Perhaps even if it'd be something you pay for.

--Nudges the admins--

You should, uh, you know, make this able to happen. Now. :3
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Male Posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy January 3rd 2014, 2:54 pm

ideas - My ideas - Wiki's, Pets & Points as Currency Permis10Suggestion Clean up (3/1/2014)

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down