FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM

Skip
    Forumember

Language : English

FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM Empty FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM

Post by Skip May 3rd 2010, 11:04 pm

I tried to lock the forum so noone could log on while I did some maintenance. I went to the admin panel and checked the forum on holiday and under construction buttons.

Now at the log in page, there is a message saying can't log on because of the above but you can still log on and post - even members.

How do I lock the whole forum while I do some maintenance? I don't want anyone except the administrators to have access.

Thanks
    Codyy
    Codyy
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1032

FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM Empty Re: FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM

Post by Codyy May 4th 2010, 12:04 am

Just put it in construction mode. It will SHOW the login page but, only admins will be able to login.
    rblatch
    rblatch
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1042
    Language : HTML & CSS (Learning)

FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM Empty Re: FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM

Post by rblatch May 4th 2010, 12:09 am

CodyCFS wrote:Just put it in construction mode. It will SHOW the login page but, only admins will be able to login.

This will only stay like this for 24 hours though thumright
    Skip
    Forumember

Post by Skip May 4th 2010, 10:31 am

Thanks guys - didn't know about the 24 hr thing.

Is there any way to close the forum down temporarily for longer than 24 hrs?

Thanks

blackeye
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket May 4th 2010, 4:54 pm

Put it on holiday mode.