How to create a drop down menu in the navbar? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

How to create a drop down menu in the navbar?

InvokedFury
    Forumember

Female Posts : 26
    Language : English

How to create a drop down menu in the navbar? Empty How to create a drop down menu in the navbar?

Post by InvokedFury June 5th 2010, 6:47 am

This is my forum:
    UnDefiable. Clan Forums

Is it possible to create a drop down menu in the navbar? I was hoping to make it possible so I could create an image in the navbar under "Fun Stuff" and have a drop down menu that would lead to things like Arcade, Internet Radio, Chatbox, etc. Would it be possible to do that?
    Kiekeboe
    Kiekeboe
    Forumember

Female Posts : 250
    Language : Dutch, english, german and a little bit french, guitar chords, html, a bit CSS

How to create a drop down menu in the navbar? Empty Re: How to create a drop down menu in the navbar?

Post by Kiekeboe June 5th 2010, 9:20 am

I think it's possible if you remove the {Generated_navbar} from the templates and insert your own links Wink

Or you'll make a userbar at the top of the page!
    InvokedFury
    Forumember

How to create a drop down menu in the navbar? Empty Re: How to create a drop down menu in the navbar?

Post by InvokedFury June 5th 2010, 9:48 am

Hmm... how would I be able to do that? I don't know much about html and coding so I'm afraid I'll mess it up, and I have not the slightest clue how to change the templates D:
    InvokedFury
    Forumember

Post by InvokedFury June 7th 2010, 2:22 am

Anyone help, please? Sad
    Kuro L Lawliet
    Kuro L Lawliet
    Forumember

Post by Kuro L Lawliet July 17th 2010, 10:15 pm

Bumping this too. I need help with it.
    ankillien
    ankillien
    Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Post by ankillien July 18th 2010, 2:54 pm

Hello,

You can do it if you remove the standard forumotion nav bar for your templates and add your own one with the drop down.

There are lots of drop down menu scripts available on web. Search for them and choose the on suitable for you and add the codes in your templates.

As Kiekeboe said above, you need t remove the {GENERATE_NAVBAR} code from the overall_header_new template and add the drop down menu code in place of it Very Happy
    Kuro L Lawliet
    Kuro L Lawliet
    Forumember

Post by Kuro L Lawliet July 19th 2010, 10:35 am

So it's not possible in phpBB3?
    ankillien
    ankillien
    Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Post by ankillien July 19th 2010, 3:02 pm

No since it requires template editing.