Manage the board information seen by guest  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

Manage the board information seen by guest

Rum
    Rum
    Forumember

Male Posts : 63
    Language : english

Manage the board information seen by guest  Empty Manage the board information seen by guest

Post by Rum July 18th 2010, 1:24 am

How can I block non- members for viewing some of the forum information that appears at the bottom if my main page.
    All I want them to see is who is on-line now.
    Members and board stats are really of no concern to non-members
    bobby889911
    bobby889911
    Forumember

Male Posts : 32
    Language : English | HTML | CSS | Photoshop

Manage the board information seen by guest  Empty Re: Manage the board information seen by guest

Post by bobby889911 July 18th 2010, 2:53 am

Okay, guests cannot view the boards stats no matter what -- it's not just an option.

As far as members go, just go to: ACP > Users & Groups > Special Rights > and where you see "Memberlist", just select "Members" from the drop-down.
    Rum
    Rum
    Forumember

Manage the board information seen by guest  Empty Re: Manage the board information seen by guest

Post by Rum July 18th 2010, 3:27 am

when I sign in as a guest I can see it just as I would as an admin or member
    Gramagamus Online
    Gramagamus Online
    Forumember

Male Posts : 441
    Language : English | HTML |

Post by Gramagamus Online July 18th 2010, 5:04 am

ACP -> Users & Groups -> Special Rights -> Set Forum Statistics : to members -> Save.
    Rum
    Rum
    Forumember

Post by Rum July 18th 2010, 5:35 pm

This did not work. Sad

What I want is to block this from guests.
    I have reset all the settings as stated above, and yet when I look at it as a Guest I still see all the information about members who is on-line and so on.
    !PU!
    !PU!
    Forumember

Post by !PU! August 6th 2010, 6:06 pm

tell me your forum version mean punbb or phpbb2 ...
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk August 7th 2010, 6:31 pm

Rum wrote:when I sign in as a guest I can see it just as I would as an admin or member

i am a lil confused?
    you can not sign in as a guest.. guest means for anyone that is not a member or logged into the forum