Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+4
missmexx
GayGR
Caihlem
Dumbledore27
8 posters

Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums

Poll

Do you agree with a global announcements option for a single forum?

[ 4 ]
    Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums Bar_left80%Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums Bar_right [80%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums Bar_left20%Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums Bar_right [20%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Poll closed

Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums Empty Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums

Post by Guest July 22nd 2010, 8:38 pm

Sometimes I want to make a global announcement but not for the entire site, only for a single forum and its sub-forums. For example, I have a music section with a bunch of sub-forums. I want to make a global announcement for the music section only. Not the entire site. Here is an option that can be added when making topics on the forum:

Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums Singleforumglobalannouncement

This option will make the topic an announcement everywhere in that forum, including its sub-forums.
    Just not anywhere else on the site.

What do you guys think of this?

Last edited by SPADEZ on August 1st 2010, 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dumbledore27
    Forumember

Male Posts : 632
    Language : Online
    Location : Error 403 - You do not have the permission to view this item's value

Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums Empty Re: Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums

Post by Dumbledore27 July 22nd 2010, 9:35 pm

Already been suggested, but I am too tired to check where it is. :/

Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums Empty Re: Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums

Post by Guest July 22nd 2010, 10:07 pm

Dumbledore27 wrote:Already been suggested, but I am too tired to check where it is. :/
    Oh sorry. I didn't see it anywhere.

I made the image myself though to give people a visual reference of the idea Smile
    Caihlem
    Caihlem
    Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
    Language : English, French & Female

Post by Caihlem July 23rd 2010, 9:00 am

If it's just for 1 or two forums, I think simply using a normal announcement is simple enough :/

Post by Guest July 24th 2010, 12:32 am

Caihlem wrote:If it's just for 1 or two forums, I think simply using a normal announcement is simple enough :/
    As I stated in the OP, I have a music section with a bunch of sub-forums (15 of them). A normal announcement will only display it on one forum, not the rest of the sub-forums.

Post by Guest July 24th 2010, 10:41 am

bump

Post by Guest July 31st 2010, 1:01 am

bump..
    GayGR
    GayGR
    Forumember

Male Posts : 30
    Language : English/Greek

Post by GayGR July 31st 2010, 3:20 pm

It whould be useful.. I agree Very Happy
    missmexx

Language : ggggg

Post by missmexx July 31st 2010, 5:53 pm

Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums XsignredContent Removed ~ Member Banned ~ MrMario

Post by Guest July 31st 2010, 6:41 pm

Can somebody please remove the horrible disgusting images this idiot missmex has posted.. seriously check all the post that person has posted and delete all of it, all his/her post are the same graphic images... Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums Icon_evil
    Dumbledore27
    Forumember

Male Posts : 632
    Language : Online
    Location : Error 403 - You do not have the permission to view this item's value

Post by Dumbledore27 July 31st 2010, 6:57 pm

SPADEZ wrote:Can somebody please remove the horrible disgusting images this idiot missmex has posted.. seriously check all the post that person has posted and delete all of it, all his/her post are the same graphic images... Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums Icon_evil
    The post is reported, now global moderator should to remove it. Wink
    Wolfizer
    Wolfizer
    Forumember

Male Posts : 25
    Language : English

Post by Wolfizer July 31st 2010, 10:37 pm

Isn't it called an Announcement?But still I think it doesn't work for the sub-forums inside, support.

Post by Guest August 1st 2010, 12:21 am

Dumbledore27 wrote:
    SPADEZ wrote:Can somebody please remove the horrible disgusting images this idiot missmex has posted.. seriously check all the post that person has posted and delete all of it, all his/her post are the same graphic images... Global Announcements For 1 Forum & Its All Sub-Forums Icon_evil
    The post is reported, now global moderator should to remove it. Wink
    Cool. I noticed they removed his content but didnt delete his post.. they should seriously remove his avatar.. that is so disgusting everytime i see that image..
    Wolfizer wrote:Isn't it called an Announcement?But still I think it doesn't work for the sub-forums inside, support.
    I thought announcements would show on all sub-forums as well but then I learned that it doesn't. It seems that announcements are nothing more than just a sticky with a different title and icon.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Post by Jophy August 1st 2010, 12:24 am

It's not a global anymore if this suggestion is implemented, global means all, stickies and announcement messages can be used.
    Wolfizer
    Wolfizer
    Forumember

Male Posts : 25

Post by Wolfizer August 1st 2010, 12:29 am

[qoute]
    I thought announcements would show on all sub-forums as well but then I learned that it doesn't. It seems that announcements are nothing more than just a sticky with a different title and icon.[/quote]

Announcements are nothing close to stickys, stickys are posts that are necessary for the forum, and will stay their as long as its not removed(obviously).Announcements don't last long and their usually(on most forums) the moderator of the forum trying to enforce seriously enforce something.

Post by Guest August 1st 2010, 12:49 am

zoids25 wrote:It's not a global anymore if this suggestion is implemented, global means all, stickies and announcement messages can be used.
    Well, I'm not sure how else to phrase the term. I am suggesting
    Announcements in 1 forum to also display in all of that forums
    sub-forums. Which currently isn't possible that I am aware of.
    Wolfizer wrote:
    I thought announcements would show on all sub-forums as well but then I learned that it doesn't. It seems that announcements are nothing more than just a sticky with a different title and icon.

Announcements are nothing close to stickys, stickys are posts that are necessary for the forum, and will stay their as long as its not removed(obviously).Announcements don't last long and their usually(on most forums) the moderator of the forum trying to enforce seriously enforce something.
    Yes, I know that Wolfizer. However, you understand what I'm suggesting though right?
    PromotionEmpire
    PromotionEmpire
    Forumember

Male Posts : 35

Post by PromotionEmpire September 7th 2010, 12:41 am

I'd like this very much!

Global Announcement = All forums & Subforums.
    Forum Announcements = Forum & It's Subforums.
    Announcements = Forum
    Sticky = Forum

Would that be the case?
    The_Great_WZ
    The_Great_WZ
    Forumember

Male Posts : 162
    Language : Arabic, French, English & Italian

Post by The_Great_WZ September 7th 2010, 12:51 am

Just Voted !!!
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Post by Jophy April 1st 2014, 4:43 am

Sticky or important posts are already enough for this suggestion.

Subject closed.