Giving Admin permissions to non-Admins Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Giving Admin permissions to non-Admins

T2_Seano

Language : English/Irish

Giving Admin permissions to non-Admins Empty Giving Admin permissions to non-Admins

Post by T2_Seano July 26th 2010, 6:31 pm

Hello , Im Seán.

I came here to ask if its possible to give Normal users Admin permission or to be specific the power to change usergroups and Ranks. Reason i need it is , the purpose of my Forum is for a Clan, and we get quite a few members joining everyday and we manually place the members in usergroups depending on location. And we have normal members who can help with this.

Is it possible to do ? I've had a good look through the Admin control Panel , and can't seem to find an option.

Giving Admin permissions to non-Admins Empty Re: Giving Admin permissions to non-Admins

Post by Guest July 26th 2010, 7:29 pm

You can just add the member you want in the administrator group Smile
    T2_Seano

Language : English/Irish

Giving Admin permissions to non-Admins Empty Re: Giving Admin permissions to non-Admins

Post by T2_Seano July 26th 2010, 7:30 pm

I'd rather not give them full Admin privileges.

Post by Guest July 26th 2010, 7:33 pm

Not possible Smile
    drachemeister
    drachemeister
    Forumember

Female Posts : 99
    Language : english

Post by drachemeister July 30th 2010, 5:58 am

There's no other way to give a normal member the Administrator rights without adding them to the pre-made Administrator Usergroup.
    AlphaPkz
    AlphaPkz
    Forumember

Male Posts : 251
    Language : English | Cantonese | Mandarin

Post by AlphaPkz July 30th 2010, 6:31 am

No way possible as Gangstar15 said.

If you don't want to give them admin panel access,just make a new rank and make them able to make/view/everything the same as a normal admin.