Allowing users to choose which color... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+8
Stephen-
FrozenX
KingOfSports
Emma8432
Wellbe6
invisible_fa
Sanket
Z-man
12 posters

Allowing users to choose which color...

Poll

my answer is

[ 3 ]
    Allowing users to choose which color... Bar_left18%Allowing users to choose which color... Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Allowing users to choose which color... Bar_left71%Allowing users to choose which color... Bar_right [71%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Allowing users to choose which color... Bar_left11%Allowing users to choose which color... Bar_right [11%] 

Total Votes: 17
    Z-man
    Z-man

Male Posts : 15
    Language : english

Allowing users to choose which color... Empty Allowing users to choose which color...

Post by Z-man Sun 19 Sep - 0:41

Hey, I think it would be a good idea for users to be able to choose what color their name appears in, even when they are registed in multiple color coded groups. For example, currently, if a user is in 2 groups, lets call these 2 groups Group A (red) and Group Z (green), since Group A appears first in the usergroup line up, the member's name will appear in red text. The only way this member would be able to change their color to the desired color (green) would be to leave group A, or if an Admin changed the order of the group line up. This presents problems and limits the customization of profiles, as Ive recieved some complaints about this sort of thing. So, if Forumotion could change this system so a member could freely choose what group color is reperesnted in thier name color, it would be greatly appretiated. Thank you. Smile

Last edited by Z-man on Sun 19 Sep - 14:37; edited 1 time in total
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
    Language : English

Allowing users to choose which color... Empty Re: Allowing users to choose which color...

Post by Sanket Sun 19 Sep - 9:11

You need to add a poll.

I would have voted No for this.

Allowing users to choose which color... Empty Re: Allowing users to choose which color...

Post by Guest Sun 19 Sep - 17:42

My vote is NO ...
    Z-man
    Z-man

Post by Z-man Sun 19 Sep - 19:46

Sorry to hear that. May I ask why?
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket Sun 19 Sep - 20:12

Different colors for different users, sounds a bit noobish to be honest.
    Z-man
    Z-man

Post by Z-man Sun 19 Sep - 21:30

I dont understand what you mean scratch this site has users in different colors does it not?
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Post by Sanket Mon 20 Sep - 6:46

Yes so those are under groups.
    Users can't choose colors.
    Z-man
    Z-man

Post by Z-man Mon 20 Sep - 10:50

Ah I see. Well different forums are going to have different set-ups and unique needs, but ok, I was just throwing this idea out there.
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Male Posts : 978
    Language : Spanish, English and a bit of French ;)
    Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Post by invisible_fa Mon 20 Sep - 20:49

Colors objetive is just for know which members belongs to wich groups, and they are decided by the Admin (or other person wich have acces to the ACP), so if each user could choose a color, it would be really confusing...

That`s the reason of my negative vote, sorry...

Post by Guest Mon 20 Sep - 21:11

Z-man wrote:Sorry to hear that. May I ask why?
    because :
    invisible_fa wrote:.....so if each user could choose a color, it would be really confusing[...

This is reason of my negative vote Razz
    Wellbe6
    Wellbe6
    Forumember

Language : English (I do know some spanish)

Post by Wellbe6 Mon 20 Sep - 22:39

NO!!!

My vote.
    Emma8432
    Emma8432
    Forumember

Female Posts : 219
    Language : Meep

Post by Emma8432 Mon 20 Sep - 23:12

Not sure!
    Z-man
    Z-man

Post by Z-man Mon 20 Sep - 23:59

invisible_fa wrote:Colors objetive is just for know which members belongs to wich groups, and they are decided by the Admin (or other person wich have acces to the ACP), so if each user could choose a color, it would be really confusing...

That`s the reason of my negative vote, sorry...
    Yea I know what you mean, sorta. The only reason I disagree is because members will be a different color regardless if they get to chose which, so I dont see how it would make things more confusing. Plus Ive got another system for distiguishing groups, besides colors, but... like I said earlier, I understand if people here dont support this idea. This forum is pretty massive so its groups need to be more precise.
    KingOfSports
    KingOfSports
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
    Language :

Post by KingOfSports Tue 21 Sep - 0:01

My vote is no.

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct - 20:36

I voted NO.
    FrozenX
    FrozenX
    Forumember

Male Posts : 69
    Language : English, Dutch

Post by FrozenX Fri 28 Oct - 20:40

I'm not sure, if i want rainbow colours all over my forums ;P

'No' but i'll vote yes, because having different coloured forum member names, can work on some forums Razz but not on most.
    Stephen-
    Stephen-
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
    Language :

Post by Stephen- Sat 29 Oct - 0:39

My vote is NO since there are some members know that when the username is colorize they think that it is a forum staff ... Wink
    S(o)ciaL
    S(o)ciaL
    Forumember

Male Posts : 123
    Language : Greek,English

Post by S(o)ciaL Sat 29 Oct - 0:42

Vote NO .
    VoFlex
    VoFlex

Post by VoFlex Sat 11 Feb - 22:11

Ok first there should at least be a button that allows people to change their colors like for example: Allow users to change color according to groups: Yes () No ()

also if your not an admin how can i tell whos in what group oh yea go to usergroups and seach for the name instead you should just have to go to their profile and see under their info
    Jakeb
    Jakeb
    Forumember

Male Posts : 93

Post by Jakeb Sat 11 Feb - 22:22

I vote no.

I don't want users to get confused, if admin colours are red and a user chooses red they may pose as an admin and it may confuse a lot of people.
    VoFlex
    VoFlex

Post by VoFlex Sat 11 Feb - 23:05

ok you guys are wrong read more user just cant change the color to any color im saying that if a user is an "Artist" which is pink and a "mod" which is red. I am saying that the user should be able to switch to pink or red they have every right to what if i want to change my color to something different.
    also i want to see what groups people are in when i view their profiles
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Post by Jophy Sun 3 Nov - 11:30

Suggestion section clean up // Garbaged