Clicking on URL goes to an Ad Page, not showing the link Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Clicking on URL goes to an Ad Page, not showing the link

indaymadel

Female Posts : 12
    Language : English

Solved Clicking on URL goes to an Ad Page, not showing the link

Post by indaymadel October 25th 2010, 1:17 am

How can I disable this Ad page?
    I've inserted an Anchor Text (with download link) to my website which can only be viewed by registered user.
    Now the problem is, clicking on the anchor text, which is supposed to go to the link provided, goes to an Ad page, not the URL or the link that is attached?

There are some ad page that's small and below the ad page, is the actual link, which can be clicked. No problem about that. The problem is, majority of the Ad page fits on the whole screen and link below it cannot be viewed and cannot be clicked.

Where and how can I disable the ad page? Why not just make it go to the link directly instead of going to the ad page?

Site has been up for about 1 month and I was wondering why no one have actually downloaded from me, until I checked it this morning. So that was the reason. Ad page fits the entire screen not showing the link below it.

Another problem with the Ad page. Avast 5 Free always detect a threat in this ad page. JS:ScriptPE-inf [Trj]

Last edited by indaymadel on November 1st 2010, 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Adam360
    Adam360
    Forumember

Male Posts : 866

Solved Re: Clicking on URL goes to an Ad Page, not showing the link

Post by Adam360 October 25th 2010, 1:37 am

Try a direct link

Instead of http://myforum.com

try http://myforum.com/forum.htm
    indaymadel

Post by indaymadel October 25th 2010, 2:17 am

it's a mediafire link.
    but after inserting a link, when you save changes, when you point your mouse on the anchor text, link is not mediafire link but something like myforum/go/somerandom numbers and text. not the mediafire link. and when you click on it, goes to an ad page. something like, mouse pointers ads.
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Post by Darren1 October 25th 2010, 2:35 am

Hi,

Thank you for clarifying that it is a mediafire link.

Links from popular hosts such as mediafire are now re-directed to an advertisement, in which, displays a large blue button that looks like a "play" button, once you click that, you should be directed to your desired link, aka the mediafire file.

The technician's implimented this about 2-3 months back, which is just so it gives our users a 2nd chance to think about the materiel that they may be about to just download.

We cannot modify this.

I'm also using Avast! 5.0 Free, and Ive never had anything detected, could you give us the link which directs to the notification JS:ScriptPE-inf [Trj] ?
    indaymadel

Post by indaymadel October 25th 2010, 3:21 am

Yeah. I can see the Play button at first for about 2 seconds then disappear with just an Ad picture. Mouse pointers, screensavers, etc. Can't see anything else. Except if the ad picture is small, then the link is shown below the ad pic.

This is what I get when I click on the link:
    Clicking on URL goes to an Ad Page, not showing the link Nolink

Can't see the link below that ad as the ad is too large and can't scroll below it.

I can't reproduce the threat warning. Probably it was from mediafire.
    This time when I click on the link, Avast didn't warn anymore.

Is there a way to disable the ad thing and direct to mediafire?
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Post by Darren1 October 25th 2010, 3:24 am

The technician's implemented this about 2-3 months back, which is just so it gives our users a 2nd chance to think about the materiel that they may be about to just download.

We cannot modify this.

What happens when you click the image, does it direct you to the mediafire link, or to the screensaver/boring stuff site?
    indaymadel

Post by indaymadel October 25th 2010, 7:54 am

Darren1 wrote:What happens when you click the image, does it direct you to the mediafire link, or to the screensaver/boring stuff site?

Directed to the advertised website, with something like a referral link, like google adsense.
    indaymadel

Post by indaymadel November 1st 2010, 12:11 am

Problem solved. Thanks for fixing. At least you include now the scroll bar to scroll down below the picture, to see the link below the picture.

No play button now but is able to scroll down below the picture.
    ankillien
    ankillien
    Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Post by ankillien November 1st 2010, 3:29 am

Solved > Locked