Edit own posts  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Edit own posts

Chris43

Language : English

Solved Edit own posts

Post by Chris43 November 25th 2010, 9:00 pm

I moderate a Forum here, and recenntly I have bcome aware that members of the Forum (properly registered) do not have an edit button at the top of any post they have submitted.

I though that there might be a problem with the permissions for members on some of the sub-Forua, but all permissions appear to be set correctly, to allow users to edit their own posts.

Is there a problem, or do I not understand what this permissions tick box actually allows?

All help very gratefully received.
    Maki1
    Maki1
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
    Language : English »» CSS Stylesheet
    Location : The » Support » forum » Section! • No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

Solved Re: Edit own posts

Post by Maki1 November 25th 2010, 9:13 pm

Go and check to A-CP => Display => Pictures and Colors >> Pics management >> Advanced Mode Button and see if the Edit button is there.
    Chris43

Post by Chris43 November 25th 2010, 10:32 pm

Thanks for the information.
    Yes, I can see Edit buttons, along with a whole load of others that are not displayed. But I can't immediately see that this helps, all it seems to do it to set mini pictures as icons for the various functions.
    If I can explain better, each message that is posted on a Topic has the following information as its "header" when viewed as a Member:

[ICON]Subject: The time has come... [ICON]Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:00 pm [ICON for Reply with quote] [ICON forDelete this post

When I view this as a Moderator, I have more ICONs, including one for editing.

What I need to find is why Forum permissions look as though editing is allowed by a member of their own post, but their post doe snot have the edit icon. Where is this controlled?

Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Post by Darren1 November 25th 2010, 11:15 pm

Hi,

Back in the pics menu, is the box "hide" ticked, if it is, untick & save again.
    Also, check out
    Admin panel >> General > Messages & Email / config > Post edit duration limit for a member : Tick the underneath it that uis "None use impact"
    Chris43

Post by Chris43 November 25th 2010, 11:26 pm

Great I have done this and we now have the edit button on the post header line.

I guess I now wnat to know what this did? or rather why!

Thanks very much indeed.
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Post by Darren1 November 25th 2010, 11:52 pm

Not a problem, glad to help out Smile
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket November 29th 2010, 5:44 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
    Edit own posts  2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile