IE is showing my forum as unsafe due to phishing Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

IE is showing my forum as unsafe due to phishing

hero606

Language : english

IE is showing my forum as unsafe due to phishing Empty IE is showing my forum as unsafe due to phishing

Post by hero606 February 2nd 2011, 10:55 pm

Hi, I've just tried to log into the site I made last week and it's showing up the following warning:

This website has been reported as unsafe
    www.606v2.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website.
    Go to my home page instead

This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

More information

This website has been reported to contain the following threats:

Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

Learn more about phishing
    Learn more about malicious software
    Report that this site does not contain threats
    Disregard and continue (not recommended)

-----------------

Simply put....help!

MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

IE is showing my forum as unsafe due to phishing Empty Re: IE is showing my forum as unsafe due to phishing

Post by MrMario February 3rd 2011, 1:22 am

I'm seeing no problem. Most likely its a false report.
    QueenGarfield3
    Forumember

Language : English

IE is showing my forum as unsafe due to phishing Empty Re: IE is showing my forum as unsafe due to phishing

Post by QueenGarfield3 February 3rd 2011, 2:13 am

That may be a false accident from one of those scam ads. I use Google Chrome and I dont get it Smile
    some12
    some12
    Forumember

Language : English

Post by some12 February 3rd 2011, 6:06 am

Using Firefox works fine,but when checked with IE8 the warning page shows up then when checking a second time with IE8 the warning page was gone.I think it's an IE thing you got going here.You might try shutting off the IE SmartScreen Filter,sometimes it shows false reports.

Last edited by some12 on February 3rd 2011, 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more information added)
    hero606

Language : english

Post by hero606 February 3rd 2011, 11:20 am

What I think may have happened is that in the UK the BBC have a sports forum on their site. They've announced that it is to close so I created my own as I didn't want to suddenly lose touch with all the people I'd chatted with for several years. Several other groups also did the same and I think one of them has targeted our site in a bid to close it.

The problem with just turning off the Smartscreen filter for me is that that doesnt help all the other people that will get the warning that are contemplating using my site Sad