problem Using iframe as a Target for a Link with youtube Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

problem Using iframe as a Target for a Link with youtube

QBcrusher
    Forumember

Male Posts : 56
    Language : English

problem Using iframe as a Target for a Link with youtube Empty problem Using iframe as a Target for a Link with youtube

Post by QBcrusher June 1st 2011, 5:16 am

I want to make it so if you click a youtube link, it brings up a page in the iframe at the top of the page on my site...

for example:

<html>
    <body>

<iframe src="demo_iframe.htm" name="iframe_a"></iframe>

<a href="http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKb3qRljGBc" target="iframe_a">4/20 stoner dash</a>

</body>
    </html>

but when i try to do it on my site, i will click the link and nothing will show up in the Iframe_a box. i know i am doing this correctly because i did it on my local computer and it worked just fine, it just wont work with youtube.....can anyone help plz??

Last edited by QBcrusher on June 1st 2011, 5:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : didnt know about the multiple post rule...sorry about that)
    QBcrusher
    Forumember

Male Posts : 56

problem Using iframe as a Target for a Link with youtube Empty Re: problem Using iframe as a Target for a Link with youtube

Post by QBcrusher June 1st 2011, 5:32 am

Last edited by QBcrusher on June 1st 2011, 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : delete this post plz.)
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

problem Using iframe as a Target for a Link with youtube Empty Re: problem Using iframe as a Target for a Link with youtube

Post by Sanket June 1st 2011, 5:35 am

May I remind you that double/triple posting isn't tolerated unless separated by 24 hours (Use the edit button) Wink
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk June 1st 2011, 12:39 pm

i do not understand what your trying to do?
    please explain more or provide any links or screen shots to better help us understand.
    Rac
    Forumember

Male Posts : 39
    Language : English, French, German

Post by Rac June 1st 2011, 4:47 pm

kirk wrote:i do not understand what your trying to do?
    please explain more or provide any links or screen shots to better help us understand.

He's trying to make it so if you click a link the Iframe will display a video. (
    When the link link is clicked load the video in the iframe.

It works on my computer as well, but when you use it on-line it just directs you to the home page.

problem Using iframe as a Target for a Link with youtube Scrn110

Edit: You either need a proper sorce for your iframe or none at all or it takes you to the default page and for some reason won't let you change. Try this:

Code:

<iframe id = "iframe1">

</iframe>
    <a href = "(yoururl)" target = "iframe1"> Clicky </a>

I've got that working on my forums.