Importing data from our forum to VB Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Importing data from our forum to VB

theodore1

Male Posts : 3
    Language : english & greek

Importing data from our forum to VB Empty Importing data from our forum to VB

Post by theodore1 December 4th 2007, 7:58 am

Hi all Smile I administrate www.farsa.all-up.com.We have bought our own domain, hosting and V bulletin licence and want to import all our data from farsa.all-up.com to http://farsa.gr/forum and vbulletin.
    We need to have the database name, account id & pasword as well to access the server database to do that...Or is there some other way?Please help we need to move everything till Sunday december 9 max!Thanks a lot! Hello
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16217
    Language : French, English

Importing data from our forum to VB Empty Re: Importing data from our forum to VB

Post by Shadow December 4th 2007, 9:30 am

Hello,

sorry but we don't provide any database nor any way to transfer your forum elsewhere.
    Sad
    theodore1

Importing data from our forum to VB Empty Re: Importing data from our forum to VB

Post by theodore1 December 4th 2007, 9:48 am

Typlo, we have already bought our domain and hosting and VB, so no matter what we are moving there.There's no benefit for forumotion for not helping us, since it will make no difference in our decision, we have already paid for everything.But we would appreciate your kindness if you could just make our 85 members happy by helping us import their 4000 posts there.I understand it's your policy, but I also know its no big deal techinically to be done, and not doing, will not benefit forumotion...In fact it would only make forumotion look bad in ours and our 85 members eyes..We have been very pleased so far, we're just moving to a place we can set our own TOS Smile

Please reconsider...

Thanks in advance
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by Shadow December 4th 2007, 10:37 am

It's not my decision I'm afraid, and there is nothing I can do about it anyway.

When you created your forum, you accepted this TOS :

Data and security
    Everything is done to avoid any slowdown or unexpected downtime of the services, but it is not possible to guarantee these slowdowns, or to foresee any downtime. None network or server problem or any other breakdown can be covered under any warranty. None repayment can be considered for any break or stop of the services, damage or data loss. Several systems have been set up to ensure a security of the content. Thus, a backup of the whole data is done everyday. But for any reason, none individual backup or sql dump, database will be provided. Please do take good note that for any evoked reasons, no precise safeguard of a forum, dump, backup of the data will be provided. However, the administrator of the forum has at his disposal, a tool which allows him to use these backups in order to restore his board, such as it was at a previous date.
    theodore1

Post by theodore1 December 4th 2007, 11:22 am

Well thanks anyways...I would like to remark here that people make the TOS not TOS the people....Anyway I'm gonna have to pass the bad news to our members Sad

Thank you for you time
    axl409
    axl409

Language : english

Post by axl409 April 30th 2008, 5:12 am

on a similar issue, im actually moving my old board to forumotion, dont suppose theres a way to move all those posts and members intact to here?
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by Shadow April 30th 2008, 9:30 am

Indeed sorry but there is no transfer in any way I'm afraid, thanks although for your support Smile