The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best ideas to keep user coming at a automotive forum

+2
Empty Nest
GG2IC
6 posters

Go down

ideas - Best ideas to keep user coming at a automotive forum Empty Best ideas to keep user coming at a automotive forum

Post by GG2IC August 30th 2011, 2:03 am

how can you keep user coming at a automotie forum since there so many out there.
GG2IC
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

ideas - Best ideas to keep user coming at a automotive forum Empty Re: Best ideas to keep user coming at a automotive forum

Post by Empty Nest November 18th 2011, 5:17 am

MY FORUM
Link removed
Empty Nest
Empty Nest
Forumember

Male Posts : 60
Language : Urdu

http://www.dreamydunya.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

ideas - Best ideas to keep user coming at a automotive forum Empty Re: Best ideas to keep user coming at a automotive forum

Post by kirk November 18th 2011, 7:27 am

Empty Nest wrote:MY FORUM
Link removed

Please do not promote forum link here,
The discussion is fine, but this is not an invention for all to start posting their forums link.
If you would like to promote your forum you can do so in the forum promotions section.

Thank you Smile

GG2IC wrote:how can you keep user coming at a automotie forum since there so many out there.

Free beer and pretzels always seemed to work for me Razz

No it's hard for all types of forums, you just have to try to think out of the box and keep things fun, fresh and interesting, Try to get in all the directories you can, even advertise in your local newspaper if you can afford it, personal ad with just your link, go to some auto stores and ask if you can put out some flyers or something like that.. hit some auto shows and pass them out etc.. the sky is the limit, Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cara November 28th 2011, 9:51 pm

GG2IC wrote:how can you keep user coming at a automotie forum since there so many out there.
Keep posting, adding new topics and doing anything to grab your members' interest. Competitions and tournaments are a really good idea to keep getting your members' to come back.

Good luck!
Cara
Cara

Female Posts : 5
Language : English

http://ribbit.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MotorCookie December 26th 2011, 11:56 pm

Since no one likes joining an empty forum, you might want to get a few friends to post some interesting topics. Also, have articles available, a lot of people like articles.

Your theme also has a major role in bringing in members. For me, I always use sleek, shiny, modern themes.

Make people comfortable.
Have special access for people who do join, like no ads.

Have a logo that fits your forum. For example, many people have a giant square logo. This makes the forum look unprofessional.

When posting have good vocabulary.

Helpful posts and topics.

A special user cp. What I would do for member's control panels is make a portal for every one of them and they could edit it however they like.

Don't delete spam posts and members. They are helpful, just send their posts to a special category.

That's all I got, hope I helped! Very Happy
MotorCookie
MotorCookie
Forumember

Male Posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by truongld1991 January 7th 2012, 8:31 am

Content Removed
truongld1991

Back to top Go down