Javascript Widget Code Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Javascript Widget Code

TruthSayer
    TruthSayer
    Forumember

Female Posts : 184
    Language : English, ALS, Med-speech, Pig Latin ^_^

Solved Javascript Widget Code

Post by TruthSayer September 3rd 2011, 10:51 pm

I saw a widget on Musket's forum I'd love to have. Problem is, it requires a javascript code and I'm not sure how to make that into a widget (and one that will match the rest of my site.

Here's a screen shot of the widget I'm talking about, as well as the javascript they've given me. I'm supposing, because of the javascript, that this is a coding problem, and not an appearance problem. If I've put this in the wrong place, please move it. Thanks for your help!

Javascript Widget Code FireShotcapture025-UVFiltervsNoUVFilter-DigitalRevTVTest-www_musketsforum_com_t1349-uv-filter-vs-no-uv-filter-digitalrev-tv-test9242

Here's the javascript they gave me:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://jh.revolvermaps.com/m.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">rmm_ki101('6',130,'7w4okafgxps','ff0000');</script>

Last edited by TruthSayer on September 5th 2011, 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    musket
    musket
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 1130
    Language : English

Solved Re: Javascript Widget Code

Post by musket September 3rd 2011, 11:23 pm

You will have to get the right code from revolver maps, when you're going though the procedure of selecting the globe, tick on the transparent background option, the widget will then take on the background of your forum Smile
    TruthSayer
    TruthSayer
    Forumember

Post by TruthSayer September 4th 2011, 6:48 pm

There is an option to have the HTML code, but that gives me a flat world map. I'd like to have the javascript 3D map if at all possible (the map you have on your site is truly awesome ^-^), but don't have the knowledge of javascript to make it work in my forum. I'm guessing, since when I click to create a new widget for this it asks for HTML, that I would have to create a new javascript page? Or maybe put this code in the CSS along with a code to make it a widget?
    musket
    musket
    Helper
    Helper

Post by musket September 4th 2011, 7:01 pm

It will accept the javascript, when making a new personal widget. but can only be used or deployed in forum/portal management/structure and not as a posted msg

ACP modules>>Portal and widgets>>Portal management/forumwidgets>>structure...make a new widget..then drag the widget with your mouse to a place on the index or portal page/s

Javascript Widget Code Rev_ma10

tick the transparent option to match the background of your forum Smile

The code for your forum Index and in transparent is
    Code:
    <center><script type="text/javascript" src="http://jh.revolvermaps.com/t.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">rmt_ki101('0',178,'70r8rodsvih','ff0000');</script></center>
    Smile

Last edited by musket on September 4th 2011, 8:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
    TruthSayer
    TruthSayer
    Forumember

Post by TruthSayer September 4th 2011, 7:33 pm

Ah, ok. Maybe it just didn't work on my laptop (I'm on a desktop now). Thanks for your help, musket!

Please mark as solved!

Post by Guest September 4th 2011, 8:12 pm

And for those who would prefer to browse anonymously, you can add revolvermaps.com to your Adblock filter list. That will stop the Revolvermaps IP Address logger from loading.

Are people aware that sites like Revolvermaps are logging people's IP addresses and selling the IP info to advertisers? It's AdWare, plain and simple...
    TruthSayer
    TruthSayer
    Forumember

Post by TruthSayer September 4th 2011, 8:16 pm

Dion, I had no idea about this. How, when putting certain things on a site, can you find out if they're adware?
    musket
    musket
    Helper
    Helper

Post by musket September 4th 2011, 9:56 pm

McAfee test on the revolver maps site report Smile

Javascript Widget Code Revolv10

Post by Guest September 4th 2011, 11:51 pm

The site is safe. What they're doing is collecting your IP address, matching it up with other sites that use their service, and creating a profile that gets sold to advertisers. If an advertiser just happens to also have IMAP email web beacon info sold to them by Yahoo and Google, they can match you and your email address to the IP info from Revolvermaps.

Sorry, I don't play those games. This is why I will NEVER use webmail from Yahoo, Google, or Microsoft, and will block IP-collector sites like Revolvermaps. I have a few Yahoo-based email addresses, but I access them via POP using Thunderbird.
    TruthSayer
    TruthSayer
    Forumember

Post by TruthSayer September 5th 2011, 12:14 am

TruthSayer wrote:How, when putting certain things on a site, can you find out if they're adware?

Still wondering about the question above. Also, can my site be cited for adding the widget through litigation?
    musket
    musket
    Helper
    Helper

Post by musket September 5th 2011, 12:26 am

Adware is a nuisance, but not illegal, unlike male-ware and viruses, but forumotion should put a disclaimer
    to the adverts it runs on a site that has not paid for advert removal as the onus and liability rests with the
    forum provider if the adverts it runs in anyway cause harm to web users equipment or the taking of money
    under false pretences.

Last edited by musket on September 5th 2011, 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    TruthSayer
    TruthSayer
    Forumember

Post by TruthSayer September 5th 2011, 12:31 am

Ah, good, because I really like the widget.

Thanks so much for your help on this! I'm going to mark this topic as solved.
    Nera.
    Nera.
    Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Post by Nera. September 5th 2011, 12:21 pm

Solved > Locked