Notice to respect Terms of service? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Notice to respect Terms of service?

jackandcoke

Language : english

In progress Notice to respect Terms of service?

Post by jackandcoke September 24th 2011, 11:01 pm

Hi,

I was going to PM one of the mods directly but was given the notice that I didn't have enough posts to start PMing. So I will post my question here Smile hope that is OK.

I received this message in my admin panel:
    "Dear "unclassified.forumotion.com" forum administrator(s), it appears that your forum doesn't respect our Terms of service. Our service is free, so we are urged to only display legal content on the forums.

You have have until the 02-10-2011 to be in conformity. After this delay, we will have to delete your forum if it still isn't in conformity."

I have a feeling this msg was regarding the fact that some people were posting up links to torrents and things like that, but I can't be sure. I already deleted that content, but how can I know what specifically was being addressed? I definitely want to make sure our forum adheres to the terms of service. Thank you so much in advance!

trish
    hanzboyz
    hanzboyz
    Forumember

Male Posts : 269
    Language : Indonesia

In progress Re: Notice to respect Terms of service?

Post by hanzboyz September 24th 2011, 11:13 pm

the only things you can do is make sure all of your forum content is legal.
    if there is non legal content and not follow Terms of service be quick to deleted all. if you have sure that your forum is clean from non legal content so after 02-10-2011 probably no problem at all. ( your forum will not deleted )
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
    Language : English and French

Post by Base September 25th 2011, 10:38 am

Hi, I invite you to re-read the terms of service: https://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/terms-of-service.htm

And then go through your forum thoroughly, making sure that any offending content is deleted / removed promptly. If you remove everything by the time the date arrives then your forum should be fine.

Note: we are not in a position to tell you what's breaking the TOS and what's not. As the founder, you should be aware of what's being posted on your forum. Smile
    jackandcoke

Language : english

Post by jackandcoke September 25th 2011, 5:44 pm

Thanks for the replies!! I actually already went through the terms of service but just wanted to know if there were any specific violations. Thank you for answering my questions!!!
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
    Language : English and French

Post by Base September 25th 2011, 6:31 pm

Note: we are not in a position to tell you what's breaking the TOS and what's not. As the founder, you should be aware of what's being posted on your forum.

^^, in other words we don't tell you of any specific violations. Wink