The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

as I can stop being admin? being the creator of the forum

Go down

as I can stop being admin? being the creator of the forum Empty as I can stop being admin? being the creator of the forum

Post by Joan Tir-fix September 30th 2006, 8:54 pm

I have a problem,
I am the creator of a forum and for that reason also I am the administrator. Now I must stop being the administrator, but I cannot. As it is possible to be done because your user stops being administrator? Or to destroy this user without consequences for the forum
Joan Tir-fix

Male Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

as I can stop being admin? being the creator of the forum Empty Re: as I can stop being admin? being the creator of the forum

Post by Wiegraf September 30th 2006, 10:28 pm

Hello

There are two solutions :

* give your user account to someone you trust and create yourself a new account
* create yourself a new account, and use the fondator account for the forum administration only

Anyways, the fondator will always have access to the administration pannel, and can't be deleted or banned Wink

If you choose to give your account to someone else, be sure to give him :

* your username
* your password (of course, change it before giving ^^")
* the utils' password

Then, he or she will have to delete all of your posts (so that won't be juridically responsible of the forum anymore). Concerning the important posts (such as the rules for example) he or she wants to keep, he'll have to copy the text, delete the topic, create a new topic and paste the text Wink

Knight Wink
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

as I can stop being admin? being the creator of the forum Empty Re: as I can stop being admin? being the creator of the forum

Post by Joan Tir-fix October 1st 2006, 3:03 pm

I can erase my user, although not if this can affect the forum?
Joan Tir-fix

Male Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiegraf October 1st 2006, 3:48 pm

You cannot erse the fondator, try it and you'll see Wink

If you are not the fondator, trying to ban/erase him will automatically get you banned Wink

Knight Wink
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down