The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual Shop & Profile Fields

3 posters

Go down

Solved Manual Shop & Profile Fields

Post by AnaMi November 30th 2011, 6:17 pm

Hi, everyone! thumleft
I have a little inquiry about profile fields:
I would like to set a shop up in my PHPBB3 forum in order to use the points as currency and give them a purpose. Besides offering things such as personalised ranks and so on, I would like to install a possibility for members to give presents to each other. The idea would be that they PM admins or mods with the item they want to buy and the member they want to send the present to. Once the points have been taken away, the member who receives the present (an image icon) would have it displayed in his profile, a profile field which could be modified only by moderators, and they would receive a PM once the gift is sent.

I just have a little question: is it possible to use image code (BBCode or HTML) in a text field in a custom profile field?
If it isn't possible, is there any other possibility you can suggest?

flower Thank you in advance. You're a peach!!! thumright

Last edited by AnaMi on December 1st 2011, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
AnaMi
AnaMi
Forumember

Female Posts : 46
Language : Spanish, English and Rubbish

http://english4fun.freeforo.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Manual Shop & Profile Fields

Post by Guest November 30th 2011, 6:28 pm

Isn't possible and I can suggest. Go to AP => Users & Groups => Users => Profiles => Add => Add a field => Type : Image list; Who can modify the profile field value ? Moderators. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaMi December 1st 2011, 4:18 am

Hello Thank you very much, Gassy!! I owe you a lot!!

By the way, I'm really sorry as I didn't post my forum URL, English4Fun.

This makes me think of two things:

1. I'm already using the image list for the Country Flag field. Sadly, when a person registers, all the flags are displayed, which is not convenient for slow connections or mobile users. Yet, the same thing is going to happen with the gifts.
Is there a possibility of a dropdown menu which is later translated into an image when displayed in the profile?

2. I wonder if this system would work if, for example, a member receives more than one item, and whether it is possible to have a multiple choice option. If so, I have no idea if the options can be displayed or, as I said in the previous question, I could turn these options into images to be displayed in the profile (by the way, I really doubt the label field permits HTML).

Sorry for so many questions at the same time! Razz

flower I truly appreciate your reply. Thank you very much!
AnaMi
AnaMi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Suuki December 1st 2011, 4:26 am

AnaMi wrote:Hi, everyone! thumleft
I have a little inquiry about profile fields:
I would like to set a shop up in my PHPBB3 forum in order to use the points as currency and give them a purpose. Besides offering things such as personalised ranks and so on, I would like to install a possibility for members to give presents to each other. The idea would be that they PM admins or mods with the item they want to buy and the member they want to send the present to. Once the points have been taken away, the member who receives the present (an image icon) would have it displayed in his profile, a profile field which could be modified only by moderators, and they would receive a PM once the gift is sent.

I just have a little question: is it possible to use image code (BBCode or HTML) in a text field in a custom profile field?
If it isn't possible, is there any other possibility you can suggest?

flower Thank you in advance. You're a peach!!! thumright

Yes you can have image code in a profile field. Very Happy Just set your profile field to Text Zone, This type of profile field excepts HTML and BBCode. I have it on my site and it works perfect~! Very Happy

AnaMi wrote: Hello Thank you very much, Gassy!! I owe you a lot!!

By the way, I'm really sorry as I didn't post my forum URL, English4Fun.

This makes me think of two things:

1. I'm already using the image list for the Country Flag field. Sadly, when a person registers, all the flags are displayed, which is not convenient for slow connections or mobile users. Yet, the same thing is going to happen with the gifts.
Is there a possibility of a dropdown menu which is later translated into an image when displayed in the profile?

2. I wonder if this system would work if, for example, a member receives more than one item, and whether it is possible to have a multiple choice option. If so, I have no idea if the options can be displayed or, as I said in the previous question, I could turn these options into images to be displayed in the profile (by the way, I really doubt the label field permits HTML).

Sorry for so many questions at the same time! Razz

flower I truly appreciate your reply. Thank you very much!

I'm not sure quite what yo mean, but yes flags and such in a large list is just annoying! A while ago I got this code so there is a scroll box. Give me one sec so I can find the code~!

EDIT: As I said, I wasn't quite sure what you were asking for... =) but if you put this code at the bottom of your CSS. Display>Colors>Style Sheet it gives your flags (or any image list) a scroll bar so you don't have to scroll all down the page...
This code works on my phpBB2 forum, it may work on your forum. If it doesn't someone can edit the code for you:
Code:
        ul.profile_field_list {
            height: 200px;
            overflow: auto;
        }
Suuki
Suuki
Forumember

Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaMi December 1st 2011, 10:58 am

Hi, Suuki!! Hello
Wow! Thanks for your immediate response and solution!!
I love you Thank you for the code for the scrolling menu, it did work!!!! banana I'll thank you forever!!!! Very Happy
I tested the HTML code in the text zone, but it didn't work. It does work with BBCode, though. cheers
So I guess all I have to do now is upload the icons!

So thank you very very much, Suuki!!! thumleft bye
AnaMi
AnaMi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy December 1st 2011, 11:28 am

Topic Solved & Moved
Jophy