The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Forumotion read user's PM's?

+5
kirk
Adam360
Lillia
Festina Lente
Nero Lockheart
9 posters

Go down

Solved Does Forumotion read user's PM's?

Post by Nero Lockheart December 18th 2011, 12:14 pm

Just like the title, I want to know if forumotion checks users' PMs. I can add the reason why I want to know this if needed.

Last edited by Nero Lockheart on December 19th 2011, 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Nero Lockheart

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Does Forumotion read user's PM's?

Post by Festina Lente December 18th 2011, 12:28 pm

Sure... but you should have two or more posts to be able to send a PM... after that you can send PMs to Forumotion and you'll get answers from Forumotion staff
Festina Lente
Festina Lente
Forumember

Male Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Lillia December 18th 2011, 1:41 pm

So is your question if you send a pm to someone in the forumotion staff do they read it, or do you mean if you send a pm to a user, can the forumotion staff still see it.
Lillia
Lillia
Forumember

Female Posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Festina Lente December 18th 2011, 1:46 pm

Lillia wrote:So is your question if you send a pm to someone in the forumotion staff do they read it, or do you mean if you send a pm to a user, can the forumotion staff still see it.

I think the Forumotion staff can't see the members PMs... but who knowsDoes Forumotion read user's PM's? 1424266133
Festina Lente
Festina Lente
Forumember

Male Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Lockheart December 18th 2011, 3:18 pm

What I meant was, can the Forumotion staff read the PMs from member to member on a free forum, like an RP forum?
Nero Lockheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam360 December 18th 2011, 3:20 pm

No as that would be invasion of privacy.
Adam360
Adam360
Forumember

Male Posts : 866

http://GameBase.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 18th 2011, 4:56 pm

whats a RP forum..
No private messages are private. PM = private message, Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 December 18th 2011, 6:32 pm

Hi,

adam360 wrote:No as that would be invasion of privacy.

Adam is correct;
As ForuMotion is a France based company, it takes on French laws, and in France, any member of staff within the ForuMotion company cannot read any members Private Messages as it is Illegal to do so, as it's an Invasion of Privacy - The legal procedure is exempt from such as it may be an issue of person vs person and in a court of law, both parties must see this/the/those messages. [This is to prevent hearsay] However, fret not, ForuMotion aren't a push over, they require documents, from the court before they hand over ANY data from your account(s).

To clarify further details within this thread:
No member of staff here, or infact regular member/helper, such as myself, Gassy, slg, or anyone else here can read any messages from your site, or anyone else within this forum - unless ofcause either being told/forwarded/screenshoted to/about, or someone gives their password out to someone else.
The exception to this is our Pro-Team team member, The Godfather, whom I believe is the Team leader of our lovely Devs aka techies. He can however only access the Founding account, in which can be accessed by I believe only Pro-Team team members - naimly liaisons, the devs themselves and any Litigation team member, to verify any problems you may have and find a solution for it. In which case, I believe they will still not access ANY private/sensitive information, including Private Messages. The Litigation team members look at ONLY threads to confirm/deny that you ARE following our Terms Of Service, they also will not ever access your Private messages, and also use the Founding account.

I hope this clears things up nicely for you and doesn't bombard you with too much information Smile

Thanks,
Darren.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam360 December 18th 2011, 6:36 pm

Darren1 wrote:Hi,

adam360 wrote:No as that would be invasion of privacy.

Adam is correct;
As ForuMotion is a France based company, it takes on French laws, and in France, any member of staff within the ForuMotion company cannot read any members Private Messages as it is Illegal to do so, as it's an Invasion of Privacy - The legal procedure is exempt from such as it may be an issue of person vs person and in a court of law, both parties must see this/the/those messages. [This is to prevent hearsay] However, fret not, ForuMotion aren't a push over, they require documents, from the court before they hand over ANY data from your account(s).

To clarify further details within this thread:
No member of staff here, or infact regular member/helper, such as myself, Gassy, slg, or anyone else here can read any messages from your site, or anyone else within this forum - unless ofcause either being told/forwarded/screenshoted to/about, or someone gives their password out to someone else.
The exception to this is our Pro-Team team member, The Godfather, whom I believe is the Team leader of our lovely Devs aka techies. He can however only access the Founding account, in which can be accessed by I believe only Pro-Team team members - naimly liaisons, the devs themselves and any Litigation team member, to verify any problems you may have and find a solution for it. In which case, I believe they will still not access ANY private/sensitive information, including Private Messages. The Litigation team members look at ONLY threads to confirm/deny that you ARE following our Terms Of Service, they also will not ever access your Private messages, and also use the Founding account.

I hope this clears things up nicely for you and doesn't bombard you with too much information Smile

Thanks,
Darren.

Great explanation there Darren,
Liked your comment due to its informative contents =D
Adam360
Adam360
Forumember

Male Posts : 866

http://GameBase.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lillia December 18th 2011, 7:37 pm

In a few words, they can't.
Lillia
Lillia
Forumember

Female Posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Omu December 18th 2011, 8:32 pm

They can't read your PM Box Wink
Omu
Omu
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1021
Language : Romanian, English

http://techtitans.forumer.ro/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 18th 2011, 11:39 pm

Um...there is no need to log into a board to read PMs.

Any person at eToxic who has access to the board database is able to read PMs directly out of the database using an SQL manipulation program such as phpMyAdmin, or via PHP/Python/PERL script. The PMs are stored in the message_text field of the _privmsgs table in the database.

Just remember: this is a FREE service. Other than login passwords, NOTHING is secure. In fact, this is true with paid hosting as well -- the hosting company will always have access to all files they host.

This is why I will never use webmail, instead using POP/SMTP with Thunderbird. I don't want my emails stored on someone else's server.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Eddster December 19th 2011, 12:03 am

So I guess this is solved. :wouhou:
Mr. Eddster
Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Lockheart December 19th 2011, 5:53 am

Thank you for your help and time. ^^
Nero Lockheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 19th 2011, 6:27 am

Topic Solved & Locked
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down