The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how can i put random things in my portal???

+3
Luca
Luky
kilo
7 posters

Go down

how can i put random things in my portal??? Empty how can i put random things in my portal???

Post by kilo January 8th 2008, 12:36 am

how can i put random things in my portal??? i have try it but i wont show up can SOMEONE please please tell me ???????????????????????????????????
kilo
kilo
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

how can i put random things in my portal??? Empty Re: how can i put random things in my portal???

Post by Luky January 8th 2008, 12:39 am

What do you mean exactly by random things?
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

how can i put random things in my portal??? Empty Re: how can i put random things in my portal???

Post by kilo January 8th 2008, 2:11 am

like when i go my website every time i go different images i want them to show up every time i refresh the page...... please please help me...
kilo
kilo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kilo January 8th 2008, 10:29 pm

why don't eny one help mee???????????
kilo
kilo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca January 12th 2008, 4:59 pm

Maybe because they don't know what you mean.
Luca
Luca

Male Posts : 10
Language : German, English and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiro January 12th 2008, 8:43 pm

ok go to admin panel > modules> and scrool down adn click creae custom block and wel you need the codes and you need to name it and plus you can move them around if you like
Hiro
Hiro
Forumember

Language : english

http://DRAforums.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky January 12th 2008, 8:45 pm

That is a HTML code, I think. I am not exactly sure what you mean but, you want a different image to show up every time you go to the page?

Try being a little more detailed in your next post.
Tricky
Tricky
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Decibel January 12th 2008, 9:15 pm

This should do what you want, if i understood correctly..just ad the url of your pic in between the "url here". This will randomize your urls on a refresh.
Code:
<SCRIPT>url0= "url here";url1= "url here";url2= "url here";url3= "url here";var ran_unrounded=Math.random()*3;var ran_number=Math.round(ran_unrounded);document.write(eval("url"+ran_number));</SCRIPT>
If you want more pics added, just and extra random url, and change the ran_number. ie..
Code:
<SCRIPT>url0= "url here";url1= "url here";url2= "url here";url3= "url here";url4= "url here";var ran_unrounded=Math.random()*4;var ran_number=Math.round(ran_unrounded);document.write(eval("url"+ran_number));</SCRIPT>
Note: If the random number says 3, this means 4 links, 4=5 links 5=6 links, etc., as it starts at 0.
Decibel
Decibel
Forumember

Male Posts : 201

http://decibels.forumsmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by h4rl3y123 January 12th 2008, 11:15 pm

Decibel wrote:This should do what you want, if i understood correctly..just ad the url of your pic in between the "url here". This will randomize your urls on a refresh.
Code:
<SCRIPT>url0= "url here";url1= "url here";url2= "url here";url3= "url here";var ran_unrounded=Math.random()*3;var ran_number=Math.round(ran_unrounded);document.write(eval("url"+ran_number));</SCRIPT>
If you want more pics added, just and extra random url, and change the ran_number. ie..
Code:
<SCRIPT>url0= "url here";url1= "url here";url2= "url here";url3= "url here";url4= "url here";var ran_unrounded=Math.random()*4;var ran_number=Math.round(ran_unrounded);document.write(eval("url"+ran_number));</SCRIPT>
Note: If the random number says 3, this means 4 links, 4=5 links 5=6 links, etc., as it starts at 0.

Do You Know One For Text?
h4rl3y123
h4rl3y123
Forumember

Male Posts : 96

http://www.theacexchange.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Decibel January 12th 2008, 11:16 pm

Sure, just add your text where you would put the url's! "text here" where "url here" is..works the same.
Decibel
Decibel
Forumember

Male Posts : 201

http://decibels.forumsmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by h4rl3y123 January 14th 2008, 10:32 pm

Thanks Lots!
h4rl3y123
h4rl3y123
Forumember

Male Posts : 96

http://www.theacexchange.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiro January 16th 2008, 3:11 am

anyone know the code for a log in thing where you log in and its shows the avatar and how many post you done and how many old or new messages you have?someone plz help!!!!!!!111111one1111!!!!!!
Hiro
Hiro
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky January 16th 2008, 9:48 am

You don't need the code for that if you want to make it appear in your portal. Go to admin panel=>Modules=>Portal & calendar=>Portal pages Management and click on the "Structure" button next to the current page you use as portal. Then go to the "Addition of existing modules" section and choose "Login" from the Modules dropdown menu. Then choose it's location from the location menu and then push the "Add the module" button.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiro January 17th 2008, 10:06 pm

do you add those button things like when you first make the site you see a button with forumotion on it
Hiro
Hiro
Forumember

Back to top Go down