The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

well...if i didnt appreciate tech before...i do now!

4 posters

Go down

well...if i didnt appreciate tech before...i do now! Empty well...if i didnt appreciate tech before...i do now!

Post by zinex Fri 11 Jan - 3:35

I decided to take myself off and have a go at making my own forum, not through being unhappy with forumotion, but because i like a challenge, and wanted to see what it was like, adding modifications and so on. It all started swimmingly, i uploaded easy mod well enough, found quite a few mods that went on great...then crash. Forum errors everywhere! After a few days of faffing about trying to get all the mods i wanted working, even installing them by hand, i gave up. How forumotion manages to integrate all these modifications without major hitches i dont know...so hats off to the tech team for what they have done with forumotion so far! I am never attempting that again Laughing
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

well...if i didnt appreciate tech before...i do now! Empty Re: well...if i didnt appreciate tech before...i do now!

Post by Nessa Fri 11 Jan - 16:31

I agree completely Zinex, If you lil Miss technical had problems hun. I don't dare even attempt to try myself..lol. As hard as these tech's work on fixing things here I too give them mad props for pulling things off the way they do. Because for the Love of God I don't know where I'd be without their help. Kudos to the Forumotion Techies thumright

P.S. Zinex your new Pic is adorable . Your Little one is so beautiful <3 Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

well...if i didnt appreciate tech before...i do now! Empty Re: well...if i didnt appreciate tech before...i do now!

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan - 17:21

Ya they aint too bad. I really wish they would post here more giving us sneak peaks on possible updates.

Nessa, stop being so cuddly lovable!

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex Fri 11 Jan - 18:32

aw thanks nessa she looks like butter wouldnt melt doesnt she Laughing you should see her little sister, she is just as cute and twice as evil!

It was just too much, when i went to make the phpbb forum i thought it would already have some of the features it didnt...like subforums and quick reply! so i manually added category hierarchy mod, which added loads of things...but i could hardly add anything else Laughing nope never again!
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jun - 21:05

Kilsek wrote:Ya they aint too bad

I bet your view has changed now!

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar Thu 26 Jun - 21:22

dragonfir731 wrote:
Kilsek wrote:Ya they aint too bad

I bet your view has changed now!

Drag~

Since when did Kilsek start liking the techs? lol
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jun - 21:28

he posted that on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:21 am

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar Fri 27 Jun - 0:16

Oh, i was about to say!
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Jan Itor Fri 27 Jun - 0:24

adding mods for phpbb3 isnt that hard at all imo
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Jan Itor
Forumember

Language : Swedish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun - 3:42

dragonfir731 wrote:he posted that on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:21 am

Drag~

And I was on drugs from a accident I was in!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun - 4:35

sure, sure you were.

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun - 23:35

dragonfir731 wrote:sure, sure you were.

Drag~

Oh but I was, do some more of your topic digging there is one somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jun - 1:40

must go find my shovel!

Drag~

Back to top Go down