The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Save a Special Rank Title [Solved]

3 posters

Go down

Can't Save a Special Rank Title [Solved] Empty Can't Save a Special Rank Title [Solved]

Post by Vito January 12th 2008, 10:14 pm

I want to assign a special Rank Title to a specific user. I've entered the title in the Rank Title text box in the Special admin-only fields section at the bottom of the User Administration page for that user. However, when I click on the Save button to apply the change, I get the message "The passwords you entered did not match." I didn't enter a password, and I don't know why I should have to enter a password if I'm making changes in an admin-only field.

Can anyone tell me how to apply the Rank Title without invoking a password call? I would think that my admin privileges would allow me to work in an admin-only field without having to enter the user's password.

Thanks!
Vito
Vito
Forumember

Language : English

http://fraternex.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Can't Save a Special Rank Title [Solved] Empty Re: Can't Save a Special Rank Title [Solved]

Post by Luky January 12th 2008, 11:03 pm

The password that you have to type is your own password. Type in the "Confirm password :" field and then the Rank you made should be applied to that member.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Can't Save a Special Rank Title [Solved] Empty Re: Can't Save a Special Rank Title [Solved]

Post by Vito January 13th 2008, 1:15 am

Thanks Luky! That worked. There's nothing on the User Administration page that indicates I need to enter my password, but I'll remember it for the future.

Vito
Vito
Vito
Forumember

http://fraternex.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky January 13th 2008, 1:38 am

You're welcome Wink
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnificus April 14th 2008, 2:28 am

I still have that problem...when I put in my password, the Rank is registered but that member's password is changed to mine!
Magnificus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky April 14th 2008, 8:35 am

In the "New password : " field you should see a couple of *. You need to delete those * and leave both "New password : " and "Confirm password : " fields empty. That way the password of that member won't change.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnificus April 15th 2008, 12:20 am

Worked like a charm. Thank you!
Magnificus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky April 15th 2008, 12:23 am

You're welcome.Since this topic appears to be solved, I will lock it and mark it as solved.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down