The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with the forums and the categories

+2
Zark Algore
FrMaRiRoLu
6 posters

Go down

Problem with the forums and the categories Empty Problem with the forums and the categories

Post by FrMaRiRoLu October 11th 2006, 8:09 pm

My teenage son's website has gone all funny, the tables have gone between the forums and catagories, my son had autism and is very very upset and screaming, please could someone take a look and tell me what has gone wrong!

http://megabytes.coolbb.net/index.forum
FrMaRiRoLu
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Problem with the forums and the categories Empty Re: Problem with the forums and the categories

Post by Zark Algore October 11th 2006, 10:51 pm

Well well !!!

I think you should resume as default the colors of your forum first... It will be easier to work on it...

After, you will just have to make order between forums and categories.
Zark Algore
Zark Algore
Forumember

Male Posts : 29
Language : Français / English / Italiano

http://mont-olympe.forumpro.fr

Back to top Go down

Problem with the forums and the categories Empty Re: Problem with the forums and the categories

Post by FrMaRiRoLu October 12th 2006, 12:04 pm

Tried that, there in no tables and it's all muddled up, it was fine a few days ago, i wanted to know, if poss, what he's done and how to resolve it
FrMaRiRoLu
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Zark Algore October 12th 2006, 8:43 pm

I think you will have to use your administration console to make a back up of your forum at the date it was ok.
Zark Algore
Zark Algore
Forumember

Male Posts : 29
Language : Français / English / Italiano

http://mont-olympe.forumpro.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by FrMaRiRoLu October 13th 2006, 12:41 am

How do i do that? sorry, i'm not technically minded, lol
FrMaRiRoLu
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia October 13th 2006, 1:37 am

Hello.

I'm having some difficulties to figure out what's wrong (I'm French).

To help us to figure out the problem, could you take a screenshot of the problem please ?

If you don't know how, here's a tutorial : https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=862

You say your son has autism. I have some autistic traits too, and I'm visually impaired.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by FrMaRiRoLu October 13th 2006, 2:21 pm

You say your son has autism. I have some autistic traits too, and I'm visually impaired.

Like my son, you must be a very special person then, he is wonderful and so artistic I love you

This is a screen shoot of Marco's wee wedsite, there is no table and it is all a mush, i have tried changing colours and temes but nothing is working

Problem with the forums and the categories Mcc
FrMaRiRoLu
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia October 13th 2006, 5:00 pm

When I first looked, I didn't see anything wrong under Firefox.

But I hadn't the idea to look with internet explorer. I see the same thing than you when I use IE.

It surely comes from a script error. I saw that the clock is outside the bodyline, so there's something wrong in the clock code. Try to remove it to see if it comes from the clock.

FrMaRiRoLu wrote:

Like my son, you must be a very special person then, he is wonderful and so artistic I love you

Yes, I'm special, but sometimes, these autistic traits really piss me off...>_< I always liked art. I used to draw a lot and now, I'm taking oil painting lessons and I'm getting pretty good at graphic art. I made this board's buttons and my avatar.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by FrMaRiRoLu October 13th 2006, 9:30 pm

They are both fantastic, you have a real talent, as for the autistic traits, tell me about them, Marco has had a major tantrum 10 mins ago then he had a flapping session straight after.

Wouldn't change him for the world though, lol
FrMaRiRoLu
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by FrMaRiRoLu October 13th 2006, 9:33 pm

I removed the clocks and it's still the same
FrMaRiRoLu
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia October 14th 2006, 12:04 am

I though the clock was the cause, because it wasn't normal that the clock was outside the bodyline.

Unfortunately, the technicians will not be there before Monday (they don't work on weekends), but I will ask my French colleagues for help to figure out the origin of this problem.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by pauldemonteverde October 14th 2006, 7:08 am

i suggest to change the forum theme instead. and return it to default settings.
pauldemonteverde
pauldemonteverde
Forumember

Male Posts : 238
Language : English and Filipino

http://isanghimig.online-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia October 14th 2006, 8:35 pm

*looks on the board again with firefox*

there's still a "Welcome to MEGABYTES!!!" which is outside the bodyline.

What was the last manipulation which has been done before this happened ?
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by FrMaRiRoLu October 14th 2006, 9:20 pm

Katt wrote:*looks on the board again with firefox*

there's still a "Welcome to MEGABYTES!!!" which is outside the bodyline.

What was the last manipulation which has been done before this happened ?
Thanks it worked, brilliant xx
FrMaRiRoLu
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by irene the besotted October 14th 2006, 10:07 pm

Hi

I am having problems with my smilies...

When I put a post and insert a smilie..when I go to review my post I loose the smilie and just get the code...

Also I sometimes loose the half of the post...

There seems to be me only having this problem..it is so fustrating....

This page is so different to my page..what am I doing wrong...

PLEASE HELP ME...

Just to add our forum is Poperagods a fan based forum for IL DIVO....we are having so much fun...but I just need a point in the right direction...

LOL

Irenexxx
irene the besotted

Female Posts : 10
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem October 15th 2006, 10:48 am

Hi, welcome to Editboard.

We ask that you create your own topic for a problem and don't take the one of someone else unless your problem is related, which doesn't seem to be the case.
I lock this topic
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down