Email to the user when his/her ban period ends  - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+26
Mimóza
Thewhiteninja97
Norton
brandon_g
darki
Beyonder
Count Dooku
Ikerepc
Cassius Dio
socialize
tommycoo
liferays2013
Derri
bob8972
LostLegend
Loyer
thebigman-uk
Cyborg112233
Impudent Apple
Ahkrir
Typlo
Ape
Marvin
Niko
Jellydonut
invisible_fa
30 posters

Email to the user when his/her ban period ends

Poll

Do you like the idea?

[ 50 ]
    Email to the user when his/her ban period ends  - Page 2 Bar_left91%Email to the user when his/her ban period ends  - Page 2 Bar_right [91%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Email to the user when his/her ban period ends  - Page 2 Bar_left9%Email to the user when his/her ban period ends  - Page 2 Bar_right [9%] 

Total Votes: 55
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Male Posts : 966
    Language : Klingon
    Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Email to the user when his/her ban period ends  - Page 2 Empty Email to the user when his/her ban period ends

Post by invisible_fa April 7th 2012, 3:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello.

When we ban users for a long period they doesnt remember when they can go into the forum aggain, so they will not go back to the forum, because they don´t remember when the ban period ends.

So my suggestion is that when a ban period ends (so the user can go into the forum aggain), an automatic email will be sent to his email adress, saying something like:

Dear [NICKNAME]

Remember your ban period in [FORUM URL] has ended, so you can log into your forum account when you want, but don´t forget to respect forum rules for not being banned aggain

Do you like the idea? What a Face
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Email to the user when his/her ban period ends  - Page 2 Empty Re: Email to the user when his/her ban period ends

Post by invisible_fa April 15th 2013, 1:20 pm

BUMP Mr. Green

invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Email to the user when his/her ban period ends  - Page 2 Empty Re: Email to the user when his/her ban period ends

Post by invisible_fa April 22nd 2013, 3:36 pm

BUMP Mr. Green
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Post by invisible_fa April 25th 2013, 11:23 am

BUMP Mr. Green
    liferays2013
    liferays2013

Male Posts : 1
    Language : english

Post by liferays2013 April 25th 2013, 11:32 am

Voted yes, would be good to have this feature.
    tommycoo
    tommycoo
    Forumember

Male Posts : 615
    Language : Indonesia

Post by tommycoo April 25th 2013, 1:00 pm

i think will be good if this with PM not email Very Happy
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Post by invisible_fa April 25th 2013, 1:38 pm

tommycoo wrote:i think will be good if this with PM not email Very Happy

Hello.

That wouldn´t have sense I think, because what I am proposing is like a reminder for the user, so, if the user acess the forum, he don´t need any reminder.

What I am suggesting is useful for those people wich have been banned for a long period and they don´t remember to go into the forum aggain.
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Post by invisible_fa May 8th 2013, 1:24 pm

BUMP Mr. Green
    socialize
    socialize
    Forumember

Male Posts : 112
    Language : English

Post by socialize May 14th 2013, 3:53 am

Great idea!
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Post by invisible_fa August 20th 2013, 2:48 am

BUMP Wink 

Post by Guest August 20th 2013, 2:51 am

what if they dont get emails? :|
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Post by invisible_fa August 24th 2013, 3:08 am

RikudouSennin wrote:what if they dont get emails? :|
    Is the user responsability to have emails reception activated if he/she wants to be notified by email when the ban period ends
    Cassius Dio
    Cassius Dio
    Forumember

Male Posts : 581
    Language : Romanian &English

Post by Cassius Dio August 24th 2013, 8:37 am

Hi, bye

This would be really useful. Definitely "YES". thumleft 

Post by Guest August 24th 2013, 1:37 pm

while yes all users must have real active emails or your contacts to access there unbanning lol
    Ikerepc
    Ikerepc
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1186
    Language : Who cares...

Post by Ikerepc September 11th 2013, 7:10 am

I wote yes
    Count Dooku
    Count Dooku
    Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Post by Count Dooku January 17th 2015, 4:24 pm

invisible_fa wrote:Hello.

When we ban users for a long period they doesnt remember when they can go into the forum aggain, so they will not go back to the forum, because they don´t remember when the ban period ends.

So my suggestion is that when a ban period ends (so the user can go into the forum aggain), an automatic email will be sent to his email adress, saying something like:

Dear [NICKNAME]

Remember your ban period in [FORUM URL] has ended, so you can log into your forum account when you want, but don´t forget to respect forum rules for not being banned again

Do you like the idea? What a Face

A good idea, as it once happened to me, but in my case, i was banned from a forum once, and thinking it was for life, I was surprised to see myself back on the board...

I was aware I was banned, but had the contact the then site mod (in a forum outside FM as it was in 2002) who told me that i was back on.

with such an idea, one need not ask if he's be back in or not... But imagine this, as some of our users have been banned till 2038, I'd like to see the looks on their faces once they'd get such a mail "that they are welcomed back to the forum" as the long jail sentence convicts sat that ended Laughing Wink
    Count Dooku
    Count Dooku
    Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Post by Count Dooku January 17th 2015, 4:51 pm

@invisible_fa Wink Hi pal, decided to vote yes ! Very Happy

(even though I may not want/think to use it, I tend to think what can be if we have to chek likr I did on 2002 with the site mods... (in my case he banned me, and I asked him, so you may expect a nasty response for such people) That's why I voted "yes" ! Smile)
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Post by invisible_fa February 13th 2015, 1:11 am

BUMP Wink
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Post by invisible_fa March 11th 2015, 3:13 pm

Bump
    Beyonder
    Beyonder
    Forumember

Male Posts : 723

Post by Beyonder March 12th 2015, 6:23 pm

Nice Idea! Smile voted yes!
    darki
    Forumember

Language : German, english

Post by darki June 21st 2015, 11:50 pm

Voted for yes. Don't know why this feature isn't implemented now, but it seems to be very useful.
    Beyonder
    Beyonder
    Forumember

Male Posts : 723

Post by Beyonder June 21st 2015, 11:53 pm

It is very useful.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10112

Post by brandon_g June 22nd 2015, 1:15 am

Wait?! This isn't something that happens already! You mean to tell me, it would spam my inbox about watched topics but not if I have been unbanned?

Definitelly and undisputedly YES.

Email to the user when his/her ban period ends  - Page 2 Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Email to the user when his/her ban period ends  - Page 2 Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Email to the user when his/her ban period ends  - Page 2 Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Post by invisible_fa July 24th 2015, 10:36 am

BUMP Wink
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Post by invisible_fa September 10th 2015, 3:24 pm

BUMP Wink
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Post by invisible_fa March 29th 2016, 7:53 pm

BUMP Wink

Post by Guest March 29th 2016, 7:59 pm

Voted no, cuz it'll include my IP address to the nasty brat, that didn't get banned for nothing in the first place, in that e-mail.

Hello Samantha.
    Norton
    Norton
    Forumember

Male Posts : 160

Post by Norton March 31st 2016, 6:38 pm

I vote no I don't like to reward bad behavior.
    They were banned for a valid reason. I would first send them a (PM) warning that their conduct on xxx forum is unacceptable. If they continue their inappropriate forum behavior, send them a second PM. " You continued to ignore your warning. As such, you have been banned from xxx Forum until May 31, 2016.
    After the time period has expired, it's then up to the member to decide if they wish to rejoin xxx forum. The Admin can also decide whether or not to activate the member.
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Post by invisible_fa April 16th 2016, 4:18 am

Hi What a Face

@RoXaNNeX : that email wouldn't include your IP adress, because it would be sent directly from Forumotion servers, so that point would not be a problem at all Wink

Even you could be able to decide if you want to send it using your foundation email adress or the default forumotion one (just like newsletter system works)

@Norton : I am not saying to the member that he must came even if he doesn't want to do it, it's just a reminder, not a reward or anything like that. Of course is up to the member if he wants to rejoin to the community or not Wink
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Post by invisible_fa April 25th 2016, 9:51 pm

BUMP Wink
    Thewhiteninja97
    Thewhiteninja97
    Forumember

Post by Thewhiteninja97 April 30th 2016, 9:05 am

I voted yes because it would be a great addition BUT you will know when your ban has been uplifted because when you login it will let you.