The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW TO BACKUP OF THE DATABASE/FORUM IN HARD DISK

3 posters

Go down

HOW TO BACKUP OF THE DATABASE/FORUM IN HARD DISK Empty HOW TO BACKUP OF THE DATABASE/FORUM IN HARD DISK

Post by mayukhbd October 12th 2006, 6:26 pm

HAI,,,I know there is a topic about this related topic. but my qustion is different.

as i am using free server as well as free board. but when i will plan to create a proffrssional paid board of my own. then how can i transsfre my data base to that database. i donot want to create full forum again.

for example if 20000 register member, 30000 topic,,,how can i move those file to another server. if there any option please tell me

and what happen if i made a mistake and my whole database delete.
mayukhbd

Male Posts : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

HOW TO BACKUP OF THE DATABASE/FORUM IN HARD DISK Empty Re: HOW TO BACKUP OF THE DATABASE/FORUM IN HARD DISK

Post by Tristou October 12th 2006, 6:36 pm

That's not possible Wink

Katt wrote:Unfortunately, it is not possible to export database from an editboard.

The reasons are multiple.
- Editboard's PHPBB base has been modified, so any database needs an adaptation to be exported or imported. The webmasters have a 35h/week job and a family life besides Editboard and it takes time to adapt a single database, so they prefer to not export/import, considering that, even if the English service is recent, the service itself is 19 months old and there are more than 20000 forums under Editboard (in French, its native language : Forumactif). The Google ads don't bring enough money to allow the webmasters to hire a 35h/week PHP programmer.
- There are also security reasons.

Editboard is not the only one to not import/export the database. Other free forum service like aceboard or others don't export their database.

You can always do a copy-paste of the most important messages and ask your members to register to the new board

Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

HOW TO BACKUP OF THE DATABASE/FORUM IN HARD DISK Empty Re: HOW TO BACKUP OF THE DATABASE/FORUM IN HARD DISK

Post by Cornelia October 13th 2006, 1:21 am

Hello.

More, it's indicated in the Terms of Service : https://www.forumotion.com/en/create-a-forum/voir_cgu.htm

Data and security

We will make every reasonable attempt to avoid unexpected server downtime and to ensure that all accounts are well taken care of. We cannot guarantee or predict server downtime. Any network problem, or outage, is not covered under any guarantee or warranty and will not be grounds for reimbursement for any subsequent financial damages or losses.

Security systems are installed to protect data. A daily backup off all the datas is made every days. But for any reason, we do not provide any individual backup or sql dump. Administrator has nevertheless tools allowing him to use these backup to recover his forum such as it was on a former date.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia February 28th 2007, 6:30 am

No news, good news Arrow Garbage
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down