The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What?! Banned?! From my own forum?!

4 posters

Go down

What?! Banned?! From my own forum?! Empty What?! Banned?! From my own forum?!

Post by Comein&Lachesis January 17th 2008, 10:19 pm

As an Admin of the free website, www.northwestcoalition.forumotion.com, I logged out. I logged out why? To register another account and see what the roleplay game thing did when a normal member would look through it.

I registered with all the normalities and stuff. And then after confirming the password, it gives me this:

Critical Information

Now I don't know what's wrong. Has it IP banned me? Something? I had done quite a few things of work on there, and I would like a response A.S.A.P. Sad
Comein&Lachesis
Comein&Lachesis

Male Posts : 6
Language : English, Urdu

Back to top Go down

What?! Banned?! From my own forum?! Empty Re: What?! Banned?! From my own forum?!

Post by zinex January 17th 2008, 10:35 pm

have you banned any IP's before? sometimes an IP is shared by many many users, so banning one could ban lots or potential new users.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

What?! Banned?! From my own forum?! Empty Re: What?! Banned?! From my own forum?!

Post by Comein&Lachesis January 17th 2008, 10:56 pm

The forum was fresh and new. I was the only one on it.
Comein&Lachesis
Comein&Lachesis

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex January 17th 2008, 11:00 pm

can you log in as yourself okay? i am not sure on this one why it would tell you that.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Har Dy January 18th 2008, 1:10 am

Well , as I know that if you enter the Admin (Forum's Owner) and ban , you won't get ban. But I'm getting confuse that you say you just registed another account , after you active a new account, they say that you have been banned , on the new account or on your Admin account.
Har Dy
Har Dy
Forumember

Male Posts : 693
Language : English , Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Post by Comein&Lachesis January 18th 2008, 2:08 am

Okay, here's what I did.

I was checking out the roleplay game. I added it to the website, and then I previewed my website. I went to my profile [as admin] and clicked on the Character Sheet.

I still hadn't understood the concept of how the roleplay game was supposed to work. I know what it is though.

So an idea popped into my head. I wanted to see it as if I was a normal forum member, and logged out of Admin and registered to my own website.

I went through the forum's terms and conditions, agreeing it. I then entered the username, password, e-mail and filled in any extra additional information that I required for registering towards my forum.

I clicked okay, confirming my password. I clicked okay again.

Then, I got this.

Critical Information
You have been banned from this forum.

-----

If I am banned from the forum and try to click login when it will keep saying that I am banned, how can this be fixed?
Comein&Lachesis
Comein&Lachesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow January 18th 2008, 9:41 am

There was a banned IP in your control panel Wink

I've deleted it now, so please tell me if it's ok!
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Comein&Lachesis January 18th 2008, 5:33 pm

Yeah, it's perfect now, thanks!
Comein&Lachesis
Comein&Lachesis

Back to top Go down