The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to make Forum for members only ?

2 posters

Go down

How to make Forum for members only ? Empty How to make Forum for members only ?

Post by jodde January 29th 2008, 8:32 am

Hi !
I´ve made a forum for a gamer group. No problem creating it, and it works perfect Smile
But is it possible, to make it impossible for "outsiders", reading our forum posts ?
We made the forum for among others, strategi and other game-stuff, and it looses a bit of the bigger idea, if others can hop in, and read all about our plans !
I know all the members in the group, but could you make some kind of invite, required for posting and reading in the forum ??
Or after new members register, they have to be approved by me, as the admin ??
Hope you understand what I mean... Hello

Thanx in advance Very Happy
jodde

Male Posts : 2
Language : English & Danish

Back to top Go down

How to make Forum for members only ? Empty Re: How to make Forum for members only ?

Post by Luky January 29th 2008, 8:59 am

You can set all permissions of the topics to members only by going to admin panel=>Forum=.Permissions=>Forum permissions control and click on the topic you want to edit it's permissions and then uncheck all options ("View the forum", "Read the topics" etc.) for Guests, that way you will have to be registered in order to see the topics of you forum. You can also set your activation to admin only by going to admin panel=>Users & Groups=>Users=>User settings and set this option " New accounts activation" to "Admin", that way you will receive an e-mail that you have to confirm for every new member that registers.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

How to make Forum for members only ? Empty Re: How to make Forum for members only ?

Post by jodde January 29th 2008, 9:40 am

Hi Luky !
Thanx a lot for excellent answer !
just the answer I hoped for...
Now I´ll try it out, and hopefully I can make it work.

Thanx again m8 Very Happy
jodde

Male Posts : 2
Language : English & Danish

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky January 29th 2008, 10:00 am

You're welcome Wink
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down