The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHEN USERS CLICK ON FORUM ASKS FOR PASSWORD AGAIN - NOT WORK

2 posters

Go down

WHEN USERS CLICK ON FORUM ASKS FOR PASSWORD AGAIN - NOT WORK Empty WHEN USERS CLICK ON FORUM ASKS FOR PASSWORD AGAIN - NOT WORK

Post by GARN3R January 29th 2008, 10:45 pm

Hi,

Sometimes when the users try to click on a forum, it asks to enter username and password. After they have done that it just keeps asking for username as password.
They can gain access to forum by clicking on the last post, and then by browsing through from there.
Just seems to be the initial forum links...

http://www.cheshiredubs.co.uk

I hope you can help me as this is driving the users insane

Using firefox seems to help, and I've had no problems, but 1/2 the members on the forum have (some using IE, some using Firefox) but it mainly seems to be IE, so best work with IE.

Thanks, GARN3R
GARN3R

Language : English

Back to top Go down

WHEN USERS CLICK ON FORUM ASKS FOR PASSWORD AGAIN - NOT WORK Empty Re: WHEN USERS CLICK ON FORUM ASKS FOR PASSWORD AGAIN - NOT WORK

Post by zinex January 29th 2008, 10:55 pm

this sounds like a cookies issue have them clear their cookies and temporary files and make sure they click automatically log in box on the login page, then see if the problem still occurs.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

WHEN USERS CLICK ON FORUM ASKS FOR PASSWORD AGAIN - NOT WORK Empty Re: WHEN USERS CLICK ON FORUM ASKS FOR PASSWORD AGAIN - NOT WORK

Post by GARN3R January 29th 2008, 11:02 pm

Thanks Zinex

I've had them clear their cookies and temp files (well one of them to test) and it still didn't work.

Told him to download firefox and seems to be working for him

Asked him to try IE (i'm on a mac - not the same) and he said it still wasn't working for him in IE

Any more suggestions?
GARN3R

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex January 29th 2008, 11:12 pm

it will likey be a glitch and should sort itself out, but if it is still happening in few days it could be a tech issue.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by GARN3R January 29th 2008, 11:19 pm

Ok thanks again

Been happening since early weekend, so I'll leave it until the end of the week and see what happens

Do I ask for a Technician?
GARN3R

Back to top Go down

Post by GARN3R January 29th 2008, 11:20 pm

Just noticed that it's also always showing as there is 1 guest, although you have to sign up to view the forum...
GARN3R

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex January 30th 2008, 1:11 am

i will move it to the need of a technician for you if the problem is ongoing. The guest will be yourself before you log in or another member, it should go after the first five mins online Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by GARN3R January 30th 2008, 8:30 am

Thanks again, you are so helpful!
GARN3R

Back to top Go down