The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding Category Description...?

3 posters

Go down

In progress Adding Category Description...?

Post by SoraAngel December 2nd 2012, 8:11 am

Adding Category Description on "Split Categories on Index" Structure

Alright, this may be slightly complicated so bear with me. I like the display of my forum better when the index packing is split categories. However, when I do this, the description I put for the categories is no longer view-able if I use my mouse to hover over the title. Is there a way I can make the description of the category view-able without having to use the "keep categories on index" structure?

Keep Categories on Index:

Adding Category Description...? Forhelp2

Split Categories on Index:

Adding Category Description...? Forhelp

Extra Information

- I went to Structure and hierarchy under the display tab, and chose "None" from the "split categories on index" option.
- By description, I mean that small box that appears when you hover your mouse over a category title. That box doesn't appear in the split index version.

Thanks so much!

My forum URL: http://sic-parvis-magna.forumotion.com/

Last edited by Sanket on December 3rd 2012, 6:15 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Add Images)
SoraAngel

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adding Category Description...?

Post by kjeopardy December 2nd 2012, 10:40 pm

Hmm...I'm gonna add a question to this thread since it's related to yours.

Admins can move it if they deem necessary.

Question: how can announcements have their own overhead "block" like they do in this forum? In my forum, announcements are like any other post---just above them. I want them to be separated into their own block.

Thanks
kjeopardy

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraAngel December 3rd 2012, 2:27 am

kjeopardy wrote:Hmm...I'm gonna add a question to this thread since it's related to yours.

Admins can move it if they deem necessary.

Question: how can announcements have their own overhead "block" like they do in this forum? In my forum, announcements are like any other post---just above them. I want them to be separated into their own block.

Thanks

Oh, do you mean the "global announcement" over all forums?
https://help.forumotion.com/t66796-global-announcements

Or, do you mean the green block that has "forum rules?"
For the green block that has forum rules, all you need to do is scroll to the very bottom after you go to edit a forum, and fill in the box that says "Forum rules" which becomes rules specific for that forum.

You can edit a forum like this:

General > Categories and Forums > (Modify a Forum/create a forum) > Scroll to the bottom > (above auto-pruning) > Box to put forum rules.

Hopes this helps!
I just wish I get a response soon >.>

Last edited by SoraAngel on December 3rd 2012, 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos lol)
SoraAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 3rd 2012, 6:14 pm

I believe when you choose the categories not to be split, no categories would be visible.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraAngel December 10th 2012, 6:54 am

Sanket wrote:I believe when you choose the categories not to be split, no categories would be visible.

Erm, I don't get what you're saying? Category titles are clearly visible in the "not split" layout... Also, I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm not even sure how that remotely answers my question.
SoraAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 10th 2012, 12:18 pm

SoraAngel wrote:
Sanket wrote:I believe when you choose the categories not to be split, no categories would be visible.

Erm, I don't get what you're saying? Category titles are clearly visible in the "not split" layout... Also, I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm not even sure how that remotely answers my question.
Just was trying to give you some information if that would have helped you. I wasn't sure about the exact thing you were looking for.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraAngel December 17th 2012, 3:10 am

Sanket wrote:
SoraAngel wrote:

Just was trying to give you some information if that would have helped you. I wasn't sure about the exact thing you were looking for.

Well, I just wanted to know if there was way to display a forum description in split mode...
SoraAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 18th 2012, 3:42 am

A forum's description is displayed.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraAngel December 19th 2012, 12:40 am

Sanket wrote:A forum's description is displayed.

The info for "Olympus" isn't displayed in split mode though...?
SoraAngel

Back to top Go down