The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section?

+3
Kaizer Lee
perfectSTORM!
abc92109
7 posters

Go down

In progress How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section?

Post by abc92109 December 27th 2012, 11:41 pm

OKAY SO! I want to know how to make the moderators usernames visible in each section that they moderate where it says "Moderator" RIGHT NOW this is what it looks like. How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section? IB3c

That is what it looks like for each section, all it says is the group of moderators that are allowed to moderate the forum, however it does not say the moderators usernames. I've tried making each moderator their own group given the permissions of their mdoerator group but then all of the usernames showed up in the front page legend. All I want are the moderators usernames to show up under the forums that they moderate in the Moderator: section. This is what I WANT it to look like. How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section? IB3u

AND ALSO, how do I get this off of my forum tab? How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section? IB3A the Free Forum: sadasd

Or atleast the sadasd part, Ive looked everywhere in my adnimistrator panel but couldnt find it, I obviously put in random letters SOMEWHERE but dont know where and this is my forum http://badgeforum.forumotion.com/
abc92109

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section?

Post by perfectSTORM! December 27th 2012, 11:47 pm

For the second part.. Tab

ACP>> General >>Forum Promotion >> Search Engines
perfectSTORM!
perfectSTORM!
Forumember

Male Posts : 328
Language : English | Spanish [1] | HTML

http://themagicgames.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How do you make the moderators usernames visible in the Moderator: section?

Post by abc92109 December 28th 2012, 5:21 am

Thank you that fixed the second part c8
abc92109

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaizer Lee December 28th 2012, 9:42 am

Sorry, but if you change that, it would apply for all forums, unless you specify a topic with that moderator's name Smile.
Kaizer Lee
Kaizer Lee
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1064
Language : English, Tagalog, Spanish and Chinese

http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 28th 2012, 6:03 pm

Users & groups>Search Users
Click on the username
Permissions tab
Choose Is Moderator for whichever forum.
Save.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ December 28th 2012, 6:16 pm

Let me add to Sanket's post, by doing that it will only add the group shown as the moderators, I'm sure that you want the usernames, so you'll have to go through all the moderators and change/click their permission via PM to "Is moderator," in order for it to show usernames only.
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6983
Language : EN, FR, ES

https://aforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 28th 2012, 6:33 pm

Sir Chivas™ wrote:Let me add to Sanket's post, by doing that it will only add the group shown as the moderators, I'm sure that you want the usernames, so you'll have to go through all the moderators and change/click their permission via PM to "Is moderator," in order for it to show usernames only.
Nopes, the way i suggested adds the username which you searched for. It won't add any group.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ December 28th 2012, 6:37 pm

Sanket wrote:
Sir Chivas™️ wrote:Let me add to Sanket's post, by doing that it will only add the group shown as the moderators, I'm sure that you want the usernames, so you'll have to go through all the moderators and change/click their permission via PM to "Is moderator," in order for it to show usernames only.
Nopes, the way i suggested adds the username which you searched for. It won't add any group.

Oh, I'm sorry, but there's times where it just adds Usergroups and not the Usernames themselves. So, if that happens, you'll have to do the following as I mentioned above. You can be right, but has happen to me multiple of times. Wink
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 28th 2012, 6:41 pm

Yes, if the group appears you can do this to remove it.
Users & groups>Group administration
Click on modify corresponding to that group
Permissions tab
Uncheck Is Moderator
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ December 28th 2012, 7:01 pm

Found an easier way, amazing bro! Wink
I'll keep that in mind, I'm out of this topic now. +1
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleTears December 29th 2012, 3:56 am

ok so i got the name to show up in section but, it also shows admin and owner.. i only want the mod to show
PurpleTears
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 29th 2012, 9:22 am

Sanket wrote:Yes, if the group appears you can do this to remove it.
Permissions tab
Uncheck Is Moderator
This should help.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike December 29th 2012, 4:01 pm

Display -> Homepage -> Structures and Heirarchy -> Heirarchy -> Display forum moderators :
Yes No
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4255
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleTears December 30th 2012, 9:36 pm

Sanket wrote:
Sanket wrote:Yes, if the group appears you can do this to remove it.
Permissions tab
Uncheck Is Moderator
This should help.

ok got it i had to go into each of my admins permissions and remove mod
PurpleTears
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 31st 2012, 5:24 am

abc92109, is this solved for you?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down