The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WYSIWYG/HTML Editor

3 posters

Go down

WYSIWYG/HTML Editor Empty WYSIWYG/HTML Editor

Post by PedroArruda February 10th 2008, 1:42 pm

My Dear Friends,
I work in MacPro system, so i use Safari as browser (But i thing the problem is not that).
In many situations, we have access to the, let's call, 'Text Editor', that i believe allow swith betwen WYSIWYG and HTML editor, right?
Because i don't know HTML code, i was try the WYSIWYG editor, but the only thing that i can make is write text! All the buttons like font style, font size, create links, create table, insert image... don't have any action!!
If someone can help me about that i realy apretiate, i was checking all the possible items in the panel control that can be some relation with that but honestly i still not found a solution.

Best regards and tanks for the support.

Pedro
PedroArruda

Language : kicas1

Back to top Go down

WYSIWYG/HTML Editor Empty Re: WYSIWYG/HTML Editor

Post by PedroArruda February 10th 2008, 2:32 pm

Ok! First problem have to be with Safari!! I try Opera and it give access to some disable buttons.
Now another question about the link button! If i entry and select text or image and press the link button to add a link to the selection nothing happened!! I switch to HTML to see if there are some change in the code and nothing!! Same thing about insert tables, i was able to access the creation form but when press OK there is no table in the editor!!
I have to say, it's frustratring...
Regards,

Pedro
PedroArruda

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 February 10th 2008, 3:09 pm

this sounds like a browser issue still... have you tried firefox already? as far as i know it works on Mac as well...
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by PedroArruda February 10th 2008, 11:50 pm

Yes, it's a browser problem or a Mac problem!! I install Firefox, work better but not perfect, i still have a few limitations in some procedures. I try via Windows machine with Internet Explorer and the things work, maybe the problem is some incompatibility with the Mac versions of the Browsers.
If someone have the same situation i will be greatful for help.
Tanks.

Pedro
PedroArruda

Back to top Go down

Post by 17volt February 11th 2008, 12:17 am

No, an operating system does not control the actions that are found in an internet language like html. If firefox does not work perfectly, you should attempt to download the windows version of firefox, and get it to work on your mac.

This is a browser problem, yes. It seems the mac version of firefox does not have al the css and html tags updated, like the windows version has.
17volt

Language : dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by PedroArruda February 11th 2008, 10:47 am

When you say 'download the windows version of firefox, and get it to work on your mac', you refer via Bootcamp or Parallels? Because i was try via Bootcamp partition with Windows XP and Internet Explorer and all things work. I just can't find a browser that work perfectly in a Mac OSX Platform.
Tanks for you Help.
Pedro
PedroArruda

Back to top Go down