The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disable Dragging/Stealing Pictures

5 posters

Go down

Solved Disable Dragging/Stealing Pictures

Post by DesignersSociety March 17th 2013, 3:13 am

Is there a code to disable members from dragging images to a new tab and stealing the images in the gallery?
DesignersSociety
DesignersSociety
Forumember

Female Posts : 146
Language : english

http://designerssociety.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Dragging/Stealing Pictures

Post by Derri March 17th 2013, 3:22 am

Well yes,

You could disable right click which would enable members not to be able to steal pictures. However the only problem with this is that they cannot copy & paste and its generally annoying for members when they cannot use these simple functions.

However, here is the tutorial on how to do this.

https://help.forumotion.com/t50779-script-to-disable-the-right-click?highlight=disable+right+click

For the forum, scroll down as the first code is only for a HTML page. Scroll down and you'll see a code for your forum.

Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by DesignersSociety March 17th 2013, 4:07 am

I already have right click disabled on the certain pages I need. What I'm looking for now is a way so they cant drag the images to open in a new tab, which can currently be done. I know they probably won't figure that out but still don't want people to start stealing images since I have kind of a virtual store going.
DesignersSociety
DesignersSociety
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 March 17th 2013, 4:45 am

DesignersSociety wrote:I already have right click disabled on the certain pages I need. What I'm looking for now is a way so they cant drag the images to open in a new tab, which can currently be done. I know they probably won't figure that out but still don't want people to start stealing images since I have kind of a virtual store going.

Users can always simply save the image to their computer.

For example, all iOS devices can save an image by pressing down the screen and waiting for the save pop-up.

My suggestion to you would be to leave a watermarked sample image for all users. This best guarantees that no one will steal the images, and you can then sell the original with no watermark to whomever the customer.
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by DesignersSociety March 17th 2013, 4:50 am

Is there a way to put a watermark on the gallery images or something because they all add theirs themselves. I then use a lil loophole by going to the slideshow address, which I hid that feature so they can't access. Then I save the image to give to them. So anyway to create the watermark just on the gallery pages where they view them but not the actual images?
DesignersSociety
DesignersSociety
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by CodyDeathHammer March 17th 2013, 5:15 am

i was wondering this to
CodyDeathHammer
CodyDeathHammer
Forumember

Male Posts : 147
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 March 17th 2013, 5:35 am

DesignersSociety wrote:Is there a way to put a watermark on the gallery images or something because they all add theirs themselves. I then use a lil loophole by going to the slideshow address, which I hid that feature so they can't access. Then I save the image to give to them. So anyway to create the watermark just on the gallery pages where they view them but not the actual images?

Sorry I'm not quite understanding what you are saying.

What I meant was that you could only display images with watermarks in your Gallery. Then if a user wants to purchase it, you can upload the original from your computer and send it to them directly.

If you're asking how to make it so that there are no watermarks on the gallery, but if a user saves it and a watermark will appear (like the system on 9gag), then you would need an external server. Then you can either manipulate an image dynamically or simply serve a different file from a directory that is hidden.
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by DesignersSociety March 17th 2013, 7:15 am

Ok, Im not sure I wanna go through all that completely so I may just leave it. Right now right click is disabled and if they are willing to go to lengths like getting on mobile and saving then I guess they can have it. It's not crutial just something i wanted to ask about. Thank you for the help!
DesignersSociety
DesignersSociety
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy March 17th 2013, 7:38 am

Hello,

Can we consider this solved now? Smile
Jophy