The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have problem modifying the Hide button for messages

3 posters

Go down

I have problem modifying the Hide button for messages Empty I have problem modifying the Hide button for messages

Post by djmarco73 February 10th 2008, 6:55 pm

I just added 500 points so i can modify the Hide button but i dont see where i can do that. I was wondering if any one can help me out so i dont waste my money thinking i could have done it and then find out there is no way to do so. If there is no way i can modify the way it looks after i post Pls see example below. After i post a message and enter a message in the [Hide] mode i would like the balloon to look like this:
Protected Message:
--- If you are a *registered user* : you need to post in this topic to see the message ---

Message after they post in this topic would look like this:

Protected Message: - Thank you for replying...

then the hidden message would be here---->

Thanks.
djmarco73

Language : english

Back to top Go down

I have problem modifying the Hide button for messages Empty Re: I have problem modifying the Hide button for messages

Post by Shadow February 11th 2008, 10:24 am

Hello,

Unfortunately buying points won't allow you to modify this feature.
Your points can enhance your gallery capacity, allow you to buy a personalized domain name, and also delete the ads.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

I have problem modifying the Hide button for messages Empty Re: I have problem modifying the Hide button for messages

Post by djmarco73 February 11th 2008, 1:23 pm

Typlo wrote:Hello,

Unfortunately buying points won't allow you to modify this feature.
Your points can enhance your gallery capacity, allow you to buy a personalized domain name, and also delete the ads.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I bought the points cause it stated in the Templates section that i needed points to edit in the sections (General, Portal, Gallery, Callender, Usergroup, Post & Private Messages, Moderation, Profile). So with that said it should have an option in the [Post & Private Messages] section to modify certain tags used such as the [Hide] Button. I was told that when inputing a message using a hide button in a message it would show to members who has not reply to the message [a Balloon]. But all they see is a blank section and no [balloon or some object] stating they need to post in that topic in order to see the hidden message.
Hidden message should be hidden in a message like the example bellow or some other object stating that there is a hidden message and they need to reply inorder to see the message.
Example:
Protected Message:
--- If you are a *registered user* : you need to post in this topic to see the message ---

Now with all that said. I hope someone can help me out. Theres got to be a code or some sort of html to use.

Thanks and i hope im making sence.
djmarco73

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex February 11th 2008, 1:54 pm

where were you told that? as far as i am aware you cannot edit the hide tag featire to display what you would like, even with template editing. I am sorry.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by djmarco73 February 11th 2008, 7:02 pm

zinex wrote:where were you told that? as far as i am aware you cannot edit the hide tag featire to display what you would like, even with template editing. I am sorry.

Hello,
Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry i'm confusing yall but what i am really saying is. When we use the hide button its just a blank page and there is nothing in the page stating that the message is hidden and they need to reply to the topic in order to show the hidden message. So this means we have to input it manually before we hide the message. I'm trying to make it easier for my members when they post a hidden message and save them time to manually say [please post so you can see link or message etc. Just like i have seen in other forums that use phpbb.

Example in this Forum:http://www.internetdjs.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10577

I hope by looking at the example forum above yall will undestand what i really mean.

Thanks and have a Great day.
djmarco73

Back to top Go down