The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ratings Systems(stars) for reviews?

3 posters

Go down

Ratings Systems(stars) for reviews? Empty Ratings Systems(stars) for reviews?

Post by Kanti May 21st 2013, 3:26 am

I wanted to make a section in the forum for reviews and I thought it'd be great if I could do some sort of star system that people could view overall scores for a certain brand?

Sort of like amazon's rating system?
Kanti

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Ratings Systems(stars) for reviews? Empty Re: Ratings Systems(stars) for reviews?

Post by Derri May 21st 2013, 3:33 am

Forumotion doesn't have a built in rating system as such but you could make something with graphics and manually input them into the post when leaving a review.

You could maybe made a set of starts and input them as a simile by going to ACP --> Display --> Avatars --> Smilies --> Add New Smile

Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Ratings Systems(stars) for reviews? Empty Re: Ratings Systems(stars) for reviews?

Post by socialize May 21st 2013, 3:50 am

The support forum has huge varieties of graphics! The best way for a rating system is to provide BBcodes for your reviewers to post for your criteria ratings.
socialize
socialize
Forumember

Male Posts : 112
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri May 21st 2013, 3:55 am

socialize wrote:The support forum has huge varieties of graphics! The best way for a rating system is to provide BBcodes for your reviewers to post for your criteria ratings.

That's a good point Razz

You could create a BBcode table and add graphics to it in order to do a rating system with stars.

You can view a thread here that will help you establish how to create BBcode tables. https://help.forumotion.com/t123991-codes-help
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down