The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writing news on portal??

2 posters

Go down

Writing news on portal?? Empty Writing news on portal??

Post by Didi February 20th 2008, 2:29 pm

Hy!I have problem how to manage my portal!I read all posts about this but i didn't find anything to solve my problem!I mean this is easy but plase explain!How to add news to my portal?I did next Admin panel->modules->portal pages management, then in potal pages list I chose structure ->Custom Block ->Then i wrote something and then next message was displayed " Portal configuration successfully updated" but on portal there was nothing just empty middle of page!So I hope you understood, I would like to put something in the middle of page(portal)!
Didi
Forumember

Language : English,Serbian,Bosnian,Croatian

Back to top Go down

Writing news on portal?? Empty Re: Writing news on portal??

Post by Luky February 20th 2008, 2:35 pm

Do you want to add the news module or just a message you want? For the news module you must first go to admin panel=>Modules=>Portal & calendar=>Configuration and set the forum you want to be the news( the forum that will be displayed on your portal). Then go to portal structure and from the "Addition of existing modules" choose News and then click the "Add the module" button.
If you want your own news(any text you would like to appear) create a custom block and then go to the "Addition/deletion of personal modules" category and choose the module you created. To make it appear in the middle choose Column 2 from the Location menu.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down