The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary theme - Can't activate the theme?

2 posters

Go down

Temporary theme - Can't activate the theme? Empty Temporary theme - Can't activate the theme?

Post by Ridder7 February 21st 2008, 9:14 pm

Hi! I am working with a theme (vBulletin), and i try to activate the theme to my forum ( www.programguiden.forumotion.com ) but i get the message "can't activate the theme" or something like that. Can any admin check this for me? I think its only on my forum, because i have tested this on other forums.

- Thanks
Ridder7
Ridder7
Forumember

Male Posts : 147
Language : Norwegian, English

Back to top Go down

Temporary theme - Can't activate the theme? Empty Re: Temporary theme - Can't activate the theme?

Post by zakir321 February 21st 2008, 11:15 pm

well, vBulletin is something different than phpBB. How do you try to "activate" the theme exactly? In case you are trying to import a file, note that it has to be in .bbtheme format - otherwise it wont be accepted.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Temporary theme - Can't activate the theme? Empty Re: Temporary theme - Can't activate the theme?

Post by Ridder7 February 21st 2008, 11:18 pm

I am making a theme in temporary themes with the images from vbulletin, and i click on Temporary theme - Can't activate the theme? Icon_sync to activate the theme.
Ridder7
Ridder7
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 February 21st 2008, 11:27 pm

huh, thats true. i cant use this button as well in my test forum! strange... but probably will be fixed with the update...

anyway, i could manage to apply the temporary theme, by changing the version of the current theme (Stlyes / Change version) to the same version as in the temporary theme that you want to apply. Then i clicked the temporary version (Temporary theme - Can't activate the theme? Editer instead of Temporary theme - Can't activate the theme? Icon_sync) then click "apply this theme to forum".
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridder7 February 21st 2008, 11:31 pm

Now i did it as you say, this is the result:
http://programguiden.forumotion.com/index.htm

My forum dont look so pretty now Laughing
Ridder7
Ridder7
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 February 22nd 2008, 12:00 am

as said, it might not be entirely fixed yet - i can't see the update news on the admin panel main page yet at least...

so... anyway, didn't it apply the images that you set in your temp theme?
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridder7 February 22nd 2008, 1:15 am

No, it just break the forum.. but no problem, i have backup Very Happy
Ridder7
Ridder7
Forumember

Back to top Go down