The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domain E-addresses Moderators: Query re change passwords?

Go down

Domain E-addresses Moderators: Query re change passwords? Empty Domain E-addresses Moderators: Query re change passwords?

Post by Guest February 21st 2008, 9:55 pm

Hello Hi all and can anyone help with this,

I realise I can create up to 10 email addresses connected to my domain name. I want to use 3 of these for Moderators to have their own email address @ mydomain.com

I had been intending to do this by creating one for each of them with the name they wanted, I would create an initial password for them, for them to then use for logging in - and then they could change the password to a secret one of their own choice. But - after exploring the webmail features, it doesn't look as though there is a facility for them to do the password change themselves. Or have I missed something?

How would they be able to change their email login passwords themselves? Grateful for any advice about this.

thanks,
Cas Wink

Back to top Go down

Domain E-addresses Moderators: Query re change passwords? Empty Re: Domain E-addresses Moderators: Query re change passwords?

Post by zinex February 21st 2008, 10:13 pm

i dont think they can which is why i have always made redirection emails in the admin instead of webmail, just incase i get accused of reading emails!
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Domain E-addresses Moderators: Query re change passwords? Empty Re: Domain E-addresses Moderators: Query re change passwords?

Post by Guest March 8th 2008, 5:19 pm

Hi Zinex,

I read your reply at the time you posted it above - sorry for delay in replying, have been a bit diverted since then, but at that time I went back to my Forum right away to see if could work out any other way to do it.

I'm wondering now - if you can answer this? If I temporarily configure each moderator one at a time as having "Admin" permissions, would that give them the ability to change their webmail address password in my Admin panel?
If that will work - it might be the only way it could be done. But I'm thinking that not all Admin permissions are automatically given to anyone else when you give them Admin rights? (Think I once tried that with some other feature at one time). Some permissions are just for the "founder" - ie me only. Do you know if it would apply to this?

Cas Hello

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex March 8th 2008, 5:29 pm

i think you would have to give founder rights by adding them to the founder group for a short while, be very careful though i am sure you know that Wink
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 8th 2008, 5:50 pm

Thanks Zinex,

Yes - there are just 3 moderators for the webmail addresses, if I can sort it, and I do trust the 3 of them completely. I'll have to have another think carefully about all that first though. Thanks again

Cas Hello

Back to top Go down