The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pull content from another web page to your web page.

2 posters

Go down

Pull content from another web page to your web page. Empty Pull content from another web page to your web page.

Post by !_NICK_! January 30th 2014, 7:57 am

I have two websites. I hate having to go post the same thing on both websites. I want to be able to take a part of the web page to my 2nd web page without having to post the same exact thing. What is the Javascript to get an element from my first web site, and for it to be able to automatically update as soon as I update it? I know I didn't do a good job explaining it, but please bear with me.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Pull content from another web page to your web page. Empty Re: Pull content from another web page to your web page.

Post by Ultron's Vision January 30th 2014, 8:02 am

This is not 100% automatizable without an external server (just simple PHP support is enough, really), but if you have that set up, you can almost automatically pull data from one site to another without problem.

I would demonstrate this, but I'm not on my PC right, and this involves a mix of JavaScript and PHP to accomplish.
Ultron's Vision
Ultron's Vision
Forumember

Male Posts : 634
Language : English | German | HTML | JavaScript | PHP | C++ | Perl | Java

http://duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Pull content from another web page to your web page. Empty Re: Pull content from another web page to your web page.

Post by !_NICK_! January 31st 2014, 2:19 am

I would prefer to do it through Javascript if there is a way. I'm not into all the database things. Wink

Edit: This is something similar to what I am talking about. http://www.w3schools.com/jquery/ajax_load.asp I just don't want to have to click it to get it to automatically load, I want it to load automatically.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! February 2nd 2014, 2:02 am

Bump
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! February 11th 2014, 7:32 am

Bump
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down