The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read profile fields and add them to a table.

Go down

In progress Read profile fields and add them to a table.

Post by Guest November 22nd 2014, 9:24 am

Hi all!

I request upon the following:

Since there's no (SQL) database I can connect to the board, I found the best way to make a self-updating table would be to read usernames and their specific profile fields. Now, the question is, how to fit the data in these red boxes:

Read profile fields and add them to a table. Codes10

along with the username into a table like this:

Username
NintendoID
Wii Console #
Adminwhatever1234-5678-9101-1121
Samanthawhatevermore1234-5678-9101-1122

The table should automatically update whenever a user changes data in those fields and be expandable with new columns when needed, in other words, read all the info whenever a user visits the page holding the table. Also, the username should provide a link to their profile page and the columns should be sortable by column header.

Could anyone please help me and write me a script for that, please?

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Read profile fields and add them to a table.

Post by Ange Tuteur November 22nd 2014, 10:24 am

Hello Samantha,

I have a question :

Would you be using a topic for this table ?
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 22nd 2014, 11:41 am

Hi Ange!

I guess so. What are the other options? HTML page may look nicely, right? Anyway, I want nobody to enter something in it or append replies to it. If you can make the table look better than the standard, please go ahead. Basic forum colors are #FA8A16, #FFFFFF and #368AD2 (orange, white and blue). The table is gonna be used as a reference to look up friends and codes related to games and consoles, so there may be several of those tables. Also, if the list is gonna be very long, it would be nice to have it divided into several pages. I think every 100 rows or so should do to keep things clear. Could you insert a PM symbol next to the name as well, so people can directly PM friends if they wish? Perhaps even make a flag column next to it? We've got several Dutch speaking countries in our Kingdom and Belgium as well.

I hope it's not too much of a challenge. I'll take my www.game-xtreme.com as a test object if you don't mind, cuz all of my boards are phpBB3.

Thanks in advance my friend! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur November 22nd 2014, 11:50 pm

With an HTML page, I don't think that would work. As the original source needs to be modified by an Administrator. You could do a topic, but members would need to be moderators to submit an AJAX edit. Hmm.. I have an Idea, I'll just have to write up a prototype.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur November 23rd 2014, 4:19 am

Try this :
Administration Panel > Modules > HTML pages management > Creat new

Title : Your choice
Use your forums header : YES
Paste the code below :
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">requestTime = 3000 // time in between requests</script>
<style type="text/css">
.fieldLabel {
  display:inline-block;
  width:150px;
}
#orderData {
  width:100%;
  margin:4px 0;
}
</style><div style="width:50%;margin:0 auto;">
  <div><span class="fieldLabel">Total members : </span><input id="memCount" placeholder="0" type="text"/></div>
  <div><span class="fieldLabel">Field ID1 : </span><input id="data1" placeholder="#field_id-6" type="text"/></div>
  <div><span class="fieldLabel">Field ID2 (optional) : </span><input id="data2" placeholder="#field_id-13" type="text"/></div>

<input id="initData" type="button" value="Initialize" />
  <br/><br/>
  <strong>Progress : </strong><span id="progress"></span>
  <br/>
  <strong>Status : </strong><span id="status"></span>
  <br/>
  <textarea id="orderData" style="height:100px;" onclick="this.select()"></textarea>
  <div id="loadData" style="display:none"></div>
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">var mem_now = 1, mem_end, time = 0, data1 = document.getElementById('data1'), data2 = document.getElementById('data2'), total = 0, statusI = document.getElementById('status');
document.getElementById('initData').onclick = function() {
  mem_end = Number(document.getElementById('memCount').value);
  if (data1.value.length == 0 && data2.value.length == 0) return alert('Not enough data');
  if (data1.value.length > 0) total += 1;
  if (data2.value.length > 0) total += 1;

init();
  statusI.innerHTML = 'Running.';
  statusI.style.color = 'brown';
  _timer = window.setInterval(function() {
    if (time == 3) {
      statusI.innerHTML = 'Running.';
      time = 0;
    } else {
      statusI.innerHTML += '.';
      time += 1;
    }
  },500);
};

function init() {
  var d1 = document.getElementById('data1').value, d2 = document.getElementById('data2').value, txt = document.getElementById('orderData');

document.getElementById('progress').innerHTML = mem_now + ' / ' + mem_end;
  document.getElementById('initData').style.display = 'none';

$('#loadData').load('/u' + mem_now + ' title, ' + d1 + ', ' + d2, function() {

if (total == 1) {
      if (mem_now == 1) txt.value += '[table]\n[tr][td]Username[/td][td]'+ $(this).find('dl dt').text() +'[/td][/tr]\n[tr][td][url='+ window.location.host + '/u' + mem_now +']'+ $(this).find('title').text().replace(/.*?- (.*?)/,'$1') +'[/url][/td][td]'+ $(this).find('dl dd .field_uneditable').text() +'[/td][/tr]';
      else if (mem_now != mem_end) txt.value += '\n[tr][td][url='+ window.location.host + '/u' + mem_now +']'+ $(this).find('title').text().replace(/.*?- (.*?)/,'$1') +'[/url][/td][td]'+ $(this).find('dl dd .field_uneditable').text() +'[/td][/tr]';
      if (mem_now == mem_end) txt.value += '\n[tr][td][url='+ window.location.host + '/u' + mem_now +']'+ $(this).find('title').text().replace(/.*?- (.*?)/,'$1') +'[/url][/td][td]'+ $(this).find('dl dd .field_uneditable').text() +'[/td][/tr]\n[/table]';
    }
    if (total == 2) {
      if (mem_now == 1) txt.value += '[table]\n[tr][td]Username[/td][td]'+ $(this).find('dl:eq(0) dt').text() +'[/td][td]'+ $(this).find('dl:eq(1) dt').text() +'[/td][/tr]\n[tr][td][url='+ window.location.host + '/u' + mem_now +']'+ $(this).find('title').text().replace(/.*?- (.*?)/,'$1') +'[/url][/td][td]'+ $(this).find('dl:eq(0) dd .field_uneditable').text() +'[/td][td]'+ $(this).find('dl:eq(1) dd .field_uneditable').text() +'[/td][/tr]';
      else if (mem_now != mem_end) txt.value += '\n[tr][td][url='+ window.location.host + '/u' + mem_now +']'+ $(this).find('title').text().replace(/.*?- (.*?)/,'$1') +'[/url][/td][td]'+ $(this).find('dl:eq(0) dd .field_uneditable').text() +'[/td][td]'+ $(this).find('dl:eq(1) dd .field_uneditable').text() +'[/td][/tr]';
      if (mem_now == mem_end) txt.value += '\n[tr][td][url='+ window.location.host + '/u' + mem_now +']'+ $(this).find('title').text().replace(/.*?- (.*?)/,'$1') +'[/url][/td][td]'+ $(this).find('dl:eq(0) dd .field_uneditable').text() +'[/td][td]'+ $(this).find('dl:eq(1) dd .field_uneditable').text() +'[/td][/tr]\n[/table]';
    }

txt.style.height = Number(txt.style.height.replace(/px/,'')) + 15 + 'px';
    if (mem_now < mem_end) {
      mem_now += 1;
      setTimeout(function() { init() },requestTime);
    } else if (mem_now == mem_end) {
      statusI.innerHTML = 'Complete !';
      statusI.style.color = 'green';
      window.clearInterval(_timer);
    }
  });
}// member data par ange tuteur</script>

There's some data to edit at the top :
The below determines the pause between requests. It's to stop you from hitting the request limit.
Code:
requestTime = 3000 // time in between requests

Result :
Read profile fields and add them to a table. Captur77
The tool will allow you to form a table out of your members data.

Explanation :
Total members : the total amount of members your board has. You can also apply a lower value to return a small list of members.

Field ID1 : The ID of the profile data you want to grab
Field ID2 : The same as ID1, only it's optional.

For the data you want to be added to the table, the profile field must be visible on the profile. To get the ID you can use the developer tools :
Read profile fields and add them to a table. Captur78

Also, when using the tool make sure you are logged out. If you have a lot of members, the profiles seem to bug out. While logged out there's no issues.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 25th 2014, 12:17 am

Thanks for the effort, Ange, but I'm afraid that if this can't be automated it's of no use to me :/
I'm sorry! If you feel this topic can be closed because there's no other solution, please feel free to do so.

Hello Samantha.

Back to top Go down