New Chatbox - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+66
LadyFaire
Fierce Star
JenniferSPN15
Mukoro
Worst Nightmare
Neno
Mocy
Chellizard
Rhino.Freak
npoc
mangaka
The Awakened
Legendarystory
Raijin_Tsukino
Reiver
Barurot
urbansolstice
brandon_g
zactheking
Derri
Fresh OG
Malum
JScript
bean161
Ange Tuteur
Eden Alexandria
iTzLawliet
TheCrow
Agentized
levy
Notorious_Ven
Ams
Sleepyyawn
Landshark
kenaz
Bones!
Dave778899
davidl
smurfavr
Tonight
Rukiafan
Rookie06
SMOakey7
Emrys
CrystalSoul
ToughTapir
Nicole GFA
SarkZKalie
SLGray
Erika Whynter
Dracorexion
Eugeo Igvalt
LoudFist
RsS.YuGi
Masia
Atlantis
chandoi
Kuriboo
seadevil
Azula
uncanny-illustrator
dcj91x
Van-Helsing
Anzo
_Twisted_Mods_
Shadow
70 posters

New Chatbox

Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16217
    Language : French, English

Solved New Chatbox

Post by Shadow February 4th 2015, 4:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

New Chatbox
    Dear members

For few months, we had many problems with our current Chatbox. Many of you complained about the chatbox, that is perfectly normal! That's why, our technicians decided to rework all the chatbox!

There is no big design change, just few improvements Wink However, the code is not the same. It should solve all issues we had and you will enjoy chatting with your members New Chatbox - Page 2 Whistle

Of course, the chatbox is still is under beta tests. So, we might have some bugs with the chatbox. It would be wonderful you could report those problems so that we can improve the chatbox as much as possible Very good

In addition, we have a new command  /help so that you will know all the chatbox commands Wink You just have to enter /help or click on the following button:
    New Chatbox - Page 2 Helpco10

Then, a popup will appear with an explanation of the commands. Those commands depend on your status and permissions on the forum:

New Chatbox - Page 2 135012

Now you can chat grrr!!!!!

Forumotion

This tutorial was written by Buttercup.
    The Godfather wrote:Hello,

We currently have a technical problem of very significant scalability CPU of the servers following an optimization of the chatbox to solve problems you reported on it for awhile. And to be honest, henceforth, the Chatbox uses the same technology as the notifications of the forum rather than sending constant requests.
    This theoretically allows to considerably lighten the load and increase performance. We also have the opportunity to add a Help button that displays the commands in the chatbox to those who desire to know each according to their permissions.

We are working hard to find a viable technical solution to this rising burden though our local simulation were good, however, we are talking about millions of forums and only a full-scale test could allow us to make adjustments. :rose:

We are aware of the technical problems and inconveniences this causes. Nevertheless, you can imagine that if we could have done otherwise, we would have. We have a long night of work ahead of us, the pizzas are ordered and the coffeemaker is running at full speed so don't worry. New Chatbox - Page 2 1688815589

Certainly some malfunctions persist, but we're on it. Also, know that we are really far from the stage on these kinds of suggestions (why not give us the choice between such and such ... etc.) / Currently, the goal is to get you out a stable and functional chatbox. Wink

In this sense, we need your support and that this topic remains clean without reports that set us on the wrong track.

Wait for the green light for the new patch to be released to give us your feedback. However, at present, there's no need to post to say that you too have the same problem because we already know and that only extends this unique topic for nothing

After stabilization server load will be ok which will solve a lot of problems that you are currently experiencing.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience :rose:

Chatbox bugs

Hello dear members

Here the improvement of bugs

Add Remove the new color picker = solved
    Add Posts missing = solved
    Add Error in function write_msg(). Can not insert message = solved
    Add Chatbox empty = solved
    Delete Auto-refresh = in progress
    Delete Issues with archives = in progress
    Delete Buttons are too white so invisible = in progress
    Delete The color of the text is not the same as the color forum = in progress
    Delete The color of members is black by default, so if the chatbox background is back members aren't visible = in progress
    Add After logging out, the drag bar looks same = solved
    Delete Sort alphabetically username = in progress
    Add Some messages are missing after posting = solved
    Delete Color picker not in pop-up but in JS as for the editor
    Add Alignment problem of the "help" button under chrome = solved
    Add The chatbox doesn't refresh when a user is just kiched = in progress
    Delete Even if we are deconnected, we appear like connected= in progress

I will inform you as soon as I get news :rose:

Thanks for your help grrr!!!!!

Perms Note: when you report a new bug, please don't forget to post the url of your forum and a screenshot!! Thanks :rose:

This tutorial was written by Buttercup.

Last edited by Buttercup on September 8th 2015, 10:17 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : added information)
    seadevil
    seadevil

Language : English

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by seadevil February 4th 2015, 6:40 pm

is some of this a browser issue?

I am using IE and nothing refreshes, but the other Admin, the site owner uses Google Chrome and they are having no issues with refreshing.
    Eugeo Igvalt
    Eugeo Igvalt
    Forumember

Male Posts : 289
    Language : EN, SPA

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 4th 2015, 6:41 pm

SLGray wrote:
    Kuriboo wrote:
    Whynter Nightmare wrote:
    Eugeo Ayano wrote:Finally the allowing glows people use are gone. Wonderful news for my eyes LOL. Really nice work, I like it
    Am Glad glows are gone too.

Still, Forumotion should have taken out the feature many of us dislike........timing out.
    Stop talking to yourself you inbred
    This was not called for.  The next time you posted something like this you will get an official reminder/warning.
    Thank you, @SLGray I am used to him. He somehow pops up in ever FM Forum I'm a part of, even now the Support Forum. He has quite a long history harassing myself and my staff members.

Last edited by Eugeo Ayano on February 4th 2015, 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SarkZKalie
    SarkZKalie
    Support Moderator
    Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1420

Post by SarkZKalie February 4th 2015, 6:42 pm

What a great new update! 
    But,may i ask a question? Is there anyway to revert chatbox back to the old chatbox? We didn't have any problem before and personally I prefer the old one. CSS' not my problem, but the style. Shit
    New Chatbox - Page 2 We10
    Give us an option that can be switch between versions, so we can choose a version that we want, instead of forcing Twisted Evil 
    E.g:
    New Chatbox - Page 2 We211
    Issues:
    Code:
    - Message.user disappeared
    - Online/Away users list are not display

Last edited by sarkzkalie01 on February 4th 2015, 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

New Chatbox - Page 2 Sarkzk10
    Kuriboo

Language : Engish

Post by Kuriboo February 4th 2015, 6:43 pm

Eugeo Ayano wrote:
    SLGray wrote:
    Kuriboo wrote:
    Whynter Nightmare wrote:
    Eugeo Ayano wrote:Finally the allowing glows people use are gone. Wonderful news for my eyes LOL. Really nice work, I like it

Still, Forumotion should have taken out the feature many of us dislike........timing out.
    This was not called for.  The next time you posted something like this you will get an official reminder/warning.
    Thank you, @SLGray I am used to him. He somehow pops up in ever FM Forum I'm a part of, even now the Support Forum. He has quite a long history harassing myself and my staff members.

why would you care about a post directed at whynter?

unless you were in fact whynter...

game, check and mate friend Wink
    Eugeo Igvalt
    Eugeo Igvalt
    Forumember

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 4th 2015, 6:45 pm

Kuriboo wrote:
    Eugeo Ayano wrote:
    SLGray wrote:
    Kuriboo wrote:
    Whynter Nightmare wrote:

why would you care about a post directed at whynter?

unless you were in fact whynter...

game, check and mate friend Wink
    I believe the Manager @SLGray just told you to cease. Whynter is my Head Administrator and has the right to be here like you or me. Please stop.
    Kuriboo

Post by Kuriboo February 4th 2015, 6:48 pm

i was not told to cease

i was told not to post something like an insult

but

next excuse for getting rekt red handed, m8
    Eugeo Igvalt
    Eugeo Igvalt
    Forumember

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 4th 2015, 6:50 pm

Must you follow me to every forum I register in? Look bother me anywhere. But at least respect this place. It's a serious forum regarding support, coding and many other things for FM. 

Grow up and have a nice day.
    Nicole GFA

Language : Portuguese/English

Post by Nicole GFA February 4th 2015, 6:51 pm

In most of all forums that I've stayed today. They all have problems to send messages and they don't were shown in the chatbox, when I did the clear, some messages appeared for a short time and after that, returned to fade.
    ToughTapir
    ToughTapir

Male Posts : 8
    Language : First language Dutch, second language English. Basics of German & French.

Post by ToughTapir February 4th 2015, 6:51 pm

Problems I had were that now the chatbox is terribly slow, logout button barely works, if you are logged out you can't see who is in the chatbox (only above the chatbox http://gyazo.com/715257c7325e069973092723865715a4 ), you can't see what you are typing (only red lines appear to mark a spelling error http://gyazo.com/641a4aebc595952676211158a25fff95 ). Furthermore it seems like the font name has changed, the names that are listed under 'online' are now much thinner, and the 'Auto refresh [ ]' disappeared.
    Maybe make us able to use the older chatbox as well, and use only a few forums as bèta platforms? My members & I don't really like it.

Last edited by ToughTapir on February 4th 2015, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51506

Post by SLGray February 4th 2015, 6:53 pm

Kuriboo wrote:i was not told to cease

i was told not to post something like an insult

but

next excuse for getting rekt red handed, m8
    This is not the place for a flame war.  Please take this discuss to private messages or off the support forum.  There is no need to reply to this post.  If you continue, you will be warned.

New Chatbox - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    CrystalSoul
    Forumember

Male Posts : 149

Post by CrystalSoul February 4th 2015, 6:59 pm

Hey, thought I'd share some of the bugs I encountered. When clicking on Archives, this happens => http://pokit.org/get/?3a455ac9cce4a024d8903e31b7420bd7.jpg and then it returns to normal.

I used a glow code for my name and it doesn't display in the chat => http://pokit.org/get/?08c6b7a843a7ac938e204f9f4b920365.jpg , Chatbox => http://pokit.org/get/?cf4c3c4133a47ccbc2dda4e9cf71470a.jpg
    Kuriboo

Post by Kuriboo February 4th 2015, 7:03 pm

Eugeo Ayano wrote:Must you follow me to every forum I register in? Look bother me anywhere. But at least respect this place. It's a serious forum regarding support, coding and many other things for FM. 

Grow up and have a nice day.
    >implying i didnt post before you
    Emrys

Post by Emrys February 4th 2015, 7:03 pm

We've been having a few problems on my site as well:

- If you're logged out on the chatbox, you can't see the names of anyone who is logged in.
    - There is a terrible lag, sometimes it takes a good 15 minutes for messages to show up.
    - The help box lags terribly as well.
    - CSS no longer works.
    - Autorefresh has gone
    - Messages get posted, then vanish again a few seconds later.

Both myself and my forum members are having these issues.
    ToughTapir
    ToughTapir

Language : First language Dutch, second language English. Basics of German & French.

Post by ToughTapir February 4th 2015, 7:04 pm

Emrys wrote:We've been having a few problems on my site as well:

- If you're logged out on the chatbox, you can't see the names of anyone who is logged in.
    - There is a terrible lag, sometimes it takes a good 15 minutes for messages to show up.
    - The help box lags terribly as well.
    - CSS no longer works.
    - Autorefresh has gone
    - Messages get posted, then vanish again a few seconds later.

Both myself and my forum members are having these issues.
    Yep. Got the exact same. Like I suggested earlier, maybe just an option to disable the new beta-box.
    SMOakey7

Post by SMOakey7 February 4th 2015, 7:07 pm

As an admin, I very much like to see the archives to make sure no bullying, or disallowed material is being posted in the ChatBox. Please can you fix the archives as soon as possible so that I am able to keep my site safe for all.
    Kuriboo

Post by Kuriboo February 4th 2015, 7:08 pm

or you know they could just like actually test a beta chatbox before rolling it out nationwide and causing mass fuckery , youd think problems like these would be easy to spot
    Rookie06

Post by Rookie06 February 4th 2015, 7:08 pm

The chat is completely unusable for everyone at my forum. This still needs some serious work, or go back to the old one. Like, it's so bad that out of 10 messages of mine only 1 got posted.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray February 4th 2015, 7:12 pm

See if this fixes some of the issues:  turn off the chatbox and turn it back on.

ToughTapir
    ToughTapir

Post by ToughTapir February 4th 2015, 7:14 pm

SLGray wrote:See if this fixes some of the issues:  turn off the chatbox and turn it back on.
    Been there done that - didn't work.
    seadevil
    seadevil

Post by seadevil February 4th 2015, 7:17 pm

tried it twice...nope
    Rukiafan
    Rukiafan
    Forumember

Post by Rukiafan February 4th 2015, 7:20 pm

I need help as well! My chatbox keeps forcefully shutting down because my browser detects a security threat from the chatbox. Earlier I was also experiencing a syntax error. My browser is the official Wii U browser. My forum is located here: http://wwwWiiWareWave.com
    Tonight
    Tonight
    Forumember

Male Posts : 312
    Language : Estonian, English, Russian

Post by Tonight February 4th 2015, 7:20 pm

A lot of chatbox's Javascripts stopped working. Why does Forumotion rarely update things so that they would be compatible with older versions? :/
    seadevil
    seadevil

Post by seadevil February 4th 2015, 7:26 pm

That could be a lot of it.  Old versions of browsers.

Not everybody keeps up with installing the new, crappier versions of Internet Explorer or whatever.

I'm not gonna expect or require my membership to upgrade.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray February 4th 2015, 7:34 pm

Everyone needs to understand that it is still in beta testing, so there could be bugs/issues.  That is the reason why we asked you post your issues here.

ToughTapir
    ToughTapir

Post by ToughTapir February 4th 2015, 7:42 pm

SLGray wrote:Everyone needs to understand that it is still in beta testing, so there could be bugs/issues.  That is the reason why we asked you post your issues here.
    With all respect, I like the fact that you test something new but the thing is: it is a bèta test. Why not let users sign up for a beta test or let them choose between the new & old chatbox?
    smurfavr
    smurfavr
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1883
    Language : Bulgarian

Post by smurfavr February 4th 2015, 7:52 pm

It's nice to have an option the user can alteration what is written and can be deleted only separate opinion in the chat.
    davidl
    davidl
    Forumember

Post by davidl February 4th 2015, 7:53 pm

Logged in to chat box, cant post and cant log out........no Archives and no auto refresh, was having no problems with the chat until now........ Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    chandoi
    Forumember

Post by chandoi February 4th 2015, 7:55 pm

Why not just dump the old thing back? I guarantee this topic will be dead in no time
    CrystalSoul
    Forumember

Male Posts : 149

Post by CrystalSoul February 4th 2015, 7:57 pm

I do want to know if the glows disappearing is a bug or was it removed intentionally? .. I do have a special rank that is different from other ranks because of its glow so it'd kind of ruin the idea for the glow to be removed from the chat.
    chandoi
    Forumember

Post by chandoi February 4th 2015, 8:10 pm

It automatically delete all posts after one hour. It only shows posts from last hour, the rest...gone, could not archive either